Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-24-2003, 09:32 PM

Default data recovery success story

so last night i opened up one of my pro tools sessions that was stored on my 120 gb lacie external hard drive and pro tools gave me this weird error. so i logged out and logged back in which usually fixes stuff like that for me and my hard drive wouldn't mount. instead os x asks me if i want to initialize the disc.

at this point i panic. i had most of my pro tools sessions backed up but there was one song that i just finished that i hadn't gotten around to backing up. plus my whole itunes music library was on there, which wasn't backed up, and some fcp projects.

anyways i tried using disk warrior to fix the disc. nothing. i showed the drive to some mac geniuses who thought there was nothing i could do. one genius sold me data rescue by prosoft. he had heard good things about it, and at this point i would try anything. i took it home, it took about 6 hours to scan the drive and as i'm writing this all my data is being recovered.

i am so relieved. anyways, this data rescue really did the trick. the reason i post this is to remind you all to backup tonight. buy .mac and use backup to keep things backed up all the time. i just got lazy and it almost screwed me. thanks for reading.

chris