Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 07-24-2020, 10:03 AM

Default ProTools 12 - Problems with Digital Click after session startup.

Hi everyone.

I’ve been using PT for more than 10 years. But when it comes to things like this I still feel like a newb……

I recently had a 2nd gen iLok case crack from constant wear and tear due to mobility. I had to purchase a 3rd gen (Aluminum) iLok to replace my gen2. I transferred all licensed via iLok manager from old to new iLok. Also deactivated any remaining licenses on the gen2.

I am currently experiencing some problems with ProTools sessions now. When a session is opened. Once the session completes and fully restores all tracks. As soon as the session is open without initiating any playback, ALL Tracks have a retched digital click noise and the meters freakout along with it. after about 10-30 seconds it stops, not all at once. Then if I try to press play, the timelines moves and some channel meters (But not all) begin to act like normal, but there is also no audio playback. If I close the session and open recent session, only then will everything seem to be as per normal.

Current Playback Engine settings - H/W Buffer is maxed at 1024 Samps and the Disk Playback is set to 10BG (Decrease/Increasing of DPb makes no difference)

However, this also leads to a second problem: I have been using the SLATE Everything bundle. Some but not all of the plugs for the VMR (Missing VCC channel, FG-N, CS-lift, FG-40, and more) are missing and there is a note on all slots "Module Not Available"/"Not Installed.” Some things I have tried, looking for SLATE updates on Gobbler, Un-installing and Re-installing the Everything bundle only. The weird thing is that I can still other SLATE plugs such as the VTM, Inf EQ, FG-Red, X, etc. I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled ALL SLATE plugins through Gobbler. Still, the problem exists.

Might be something simple or may be complex. If anyone can help I am forever grateful for the learning experience

ProTools 12.8.2x106 (Currently not using any Hardware)

Mac Pro: 5,1 - Mid-2010
macOS: High Sierra 10.13.6
2 x 3.46 GHz Quad Intel Xeon
40 GB RAM @ 1600 MHz DDR3
Boot Drive (macOS) - OWC Mercury Extreme Pro.
Disk Storage: 12TB - x3 @ 7200rpm Western Digital SATA.

ProTools Session files are being accessed and playback from External Samsung SSD.