Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Where is 12.8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I agree. But the hands are tied regarding publishing information about future releases. Avid says something, they are obligated to deliver. Simple as that. Lawyers are telling Avid to not say anything before they have something to release.
This is often stated (so I'm not particularly calling you out on it!) but I'm not convinced it's true. I work elsewhere with computers (as I know you do too) and with one of the bits of software I use they have published a roadmap for all of 2017-2018, it's not a guarantee (they specifically state that) and we get that, but it's some sort of idea about what's coming up so customers can make necessary planning decisions. I see absolutely no reason (till someone shows me legislation to the contrary!) to be believe that Avid operates under different rules. Having said all that I'm quite happy with two 12.7.1HD rigs at the moment (HDX2 and native) and I'm not working in Atmos so don't urgently need 12.8.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 05-27-2017, 12:46 PM

As far as I know, this really is true for all US-based, publicly traded corporations because announcements of new features can influence stock prices. It does not apply to privately held developers or to companies based outside the U.S. Microsoft's insider public beta testing is an interesting way around it.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:58 PM

Hi Bob,
Yes it possibly is true, can't find anything authoritative about it though. I can see the Sarbanes-Oxley Act stuff referring to generally more accurate & trustworthy financial accounting / reporting - which was probably to do with Avid's temporary delisting problem but nothing about this issue specifically.

Anyway, bit of a digression, ignore me!

Cheers,
Pete
Old 05-27-2017, 02:32 PM

If anyone can find and post a link to the legislation regarding all of this, I'm sure it would be much appreciated by many.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 05-27-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Me too! The mix window is amazing and editing audio is just as perfect as it can.
+1. Agreed, JFreak. Love PT, but the software is now unstable! I understand you've got to be loyal as a moderator, but the truth cannot be brushed under a carpet. I have used stable versions in the past that I can absolutely vouch for, but I can now can crash PT with simple clip gain editing! !2.4 (which seems more stable for VI/midi users, and into which category I fall) has problems with pan automation sometimes! Not all the time, but enough random times to absolutely piss me off! PT is now absolute crapware! What's happening at Avid? BTW, beg to differ. Editing audio is not as perfect as it could be. I crash PT daily with basic editing tasks.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrodaddy View Post
My plan runs out in 3 days time. I've had pretty much nothing for my money in the past year. Now I face having to gamble yet more money in the hope that they might come up with something within the next year. I can only go on their past record which isn't great. Technically I should tell them to kiss it. However I quite like using PT! Studio One is looking better and better though....

I own both PT HD 12.6.1 and Studio One 3
There are 2 BIG Things St3 can't do
Import session data
And Surround...
But St3 is a awesome program that I'm using now for creative purposes, like my music... it's fun to use.. and I'm beginning to like it better and better
But for Post and film work ... PT all the way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Windows 10 Pro
2013 MacBook Pro Retina i7 Quad-core, 16gb ram.
Mac OSX 10.11.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory 128 GB 1866 MHZ DDR3
Graphics AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

PT Ultimate 2022.4.0 on Mac
PT Ultimate 2020.12 on Windows
Logic Pro X 10.6
Nuendo 12.0
1_Antelope Audio_Orion Synergy Core Studio
Old 05-27-2017, 04:04 PM

Sarbanes-Oxley is why Avid, Adobe and many others had to move to subscription.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:06 PM

Hi there!!! I Will like to see the Next Version of Pro Tools 12.8 or 12.9 or Whatever, with no BUGS, no CRASHES, no ERRORS and many more things happen, Just to make it worth REINSTATE, or People has pay 399 for HD for a year, with just 12.6 to 12.7 in that year.

I can't imagine all frustrated people like me, with all

BUGS, CRASHES; ERRORS.
BUGS, CRASHES; ERRORS.
BUGS, CRASHES; ERRORS.
BUGS, CRASHES; ERRORS.
BUGS, CRASHES; ERRORS.
BUGS, CRASHES; ERRORS.

Everyday.......So, just can wait!1!
Old 05-28-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post
+1. Agreed, JFreak. Love PT, but the software is now unstable! I understand you've got to be loyal as a moderator, but the truth cannot be brushed under a carpet.
I'm not defending Avid, we as moderators don't have to, the deal is we are commenting as ourselves, fellow DUC'ers just like every Tom, Dick and Harry.

My system is stable. I have HDN ThunderBolt and a late-2013 MBP (Avid-recommended hardware) and I'm using latest macOS and latest PT release. Following compatibility requirements really helps. I have always done it that way and rarely I have had real problems.

It beats me (and breaks my heart) why some people are so frustrated with crashes and problems -- and because my system works fine I can only think of 3rd party interfaces being the culprit. Or Windows, I know nothing about that, but as many people have reported success on Windows I would rule that out.

You can think of me being an Avid fanboi if you like, but that's not the truth
Old 05-28-2017, 12:53 AM

JFreak, Hi there.

I have much more Crashes and Video lag on MBP with Sierra using my Apollo Twin mkI, than my custom PC, and with the latest UAudio drivers for Apollo twin I feel my Pro Tools 12.7.1 just a little stable than preview driver, I do have an not too old 003R (just few hours of use compared to my MOTU828mkII). but We AVID PT users hope all the Time work for few hours without problems.

That's the reason why I not consider to buy an HD system, spend $7999- $9999 to get all this embarrassment situations

I do prefer change my 2016 car to 2018 brand new with that amount of $100's, ahhh and no issues, crashes and bugs... ha ha ha