Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-23-2003, 12:42 AM

Default Recording Using MBox with Panther= DAE error 7

I have an MBox and am running PT LE 6.2.2 with Panther. Whenever I try to record (using an external firewire drive) I get the following message "DAE Error 7 was encountered". I can record enable tracks but everytime I try to hit Record+Play I get the above message.
Any tips or help is greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Old 11-23-2003, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Recording Using MBox with Panther= DAE error 7

dude i just got the same error today when trying to play one of my sessions. it doesn't effect the other sessions though. it's pretty weird. i'm using an mbox with a 700 ibook, running 10.2.6. i searched all over the duc and the answerbase but i don't see anything. anybody know?
Old 11-24-2003, 08:19 AM

bump
Old 11-24-2003, 11:15 AM

A couple questions:

1. Does the error occur with bounded record and unbounded record, or just with unbounded?

2. How full/fragmented is your drive?

Thanks,
-Ted

DAE Group
Digidesign Engineering
Old 11-24-2003, 11:45 AM

I don't know too much about that BUT.....I loaded 6.2.2 on a 1.6 GHZ G5 and the Salvation demo plays for a while and then I get "CPU usage holding off USB audio..Get rid of Plugins or Tracks or set H/W Buffer size higher". Well, it's all the way up and I still get that message. Talked to Digi, they didn't know why. Then, I took the exact same MBOX and software (I work at a Mac Retail Store) over to the 1.8 GHZ (not dual) and everything works perfect. I even wiped the 1.6 back to factory spec and freshly loaded PT to no avail. And yes, I tried trashing Prefs and Repairing Permissions.Confusing.....anyone else seen this message?
Old 11-24-2003, 05:28 PM

1. this happens when i just try to play, not only on record

2. my drive isn't fragmented at all.

thanks for any help.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:27 PM

Am Not sure what unbounded or bounded record is. My drive is not fragmented and has about 30 gigs of free space.
Any Ideas????

Thank you

Old 11-24-2003, 10:54 PM

Dr. Fever I get the same exact thing as you on "Salvation" on my G5 1.6. Somethhing is seriously up because I could get it to play on my G3 700 mhz Ibook before no problem while on Pro Tools 6.0. I really hope Digi can fix this.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:24 AM

Hey guys I'm getting that DAE error7 as of last night. I've been running my current configuration for over 2months with a problem now I got this one. MY problem sound incredibly similiar. Everything looks ok, and when I go to record Bam! DAE error7. I have tried recording to different HD, without a change. I'm getting this message when I record to my Main HD, My ata, or Firewire drive. What's weird (this is has only been a problem for one night but...) all my other apps appear to be fine(Reason, Live)standalone. Even weird is that it's somewhat an intermitten problem. I bounced some of my track that in the my session opened a new session imported the bounced tracks and as seem to be fine again. I was able to finish the session I was working on. That where I stopped working and went to bed. My machine wouldn't record in any session new or old on any of 3 drives. I'm hoping that when I fire up my machine tonight everything will be fine.

If not I think i may try to reformat my Main HD which has never been done in the 3+yrs I've had my Mac. I have a ton of stuff to get rid of. If the problem has not gone away, I'm going to try to re-install Panther and all my other software and start from scratch which is something I should have done a while ago. I still have OS9 and TON of crap on my main HD. I'm hoping that will fix the problem. I thought that I might have some bad ram, but when I read this thread I thought that our problems sound to similiar to be bad ram or hardware issuse, but just a software bug or something.

Just an note, our problems very similiar except I'm on an 001! So i think there may be a software bug. with 6.2.2. and Panther regardless of hardware! One that's pretty deep in the program, because like I said I have been running my system as hard as possible all day all night for 2 months before this problem.

Again any ideas?

Any ideas guys? Did anyone manage to get there setup kosher again?
Certified Protools6.x Post-Production Operator