Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-05-2019, 09:32 AM

Default official apple wireless keyboard with protools keymaps

This is a really specific request, but it's worth asking in my view.

Is there anywhere that sells an official Apple wirless keyboard (grey/black would be preferred) with Pro-tools key caps on board (I've got a wired one from editorskeys.com) but they only appear to sell non-apple official ones and I can't find a grey one as a bonus.

I don't want the plastic overlay keyboard I want the proper keys.

Suggestions ?
Old 08-05-2019, 11:17 AM

Default Re: official apple wireless keyboard with protools keymaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Darcy View Post
This is a really specific request, but it's worth asking in my view.

Is there anywhere that sells an official Apple wirless keyboard (grey/black would be preferred) with Pro-tools key caps on board (I've got a wired one from editorskeys.com) but they only appear to sell non-apple official ones and I can't find a grey one as a bonus.

I don't want the plastic overlay keyboard I want the proper keys.

Suggestions ?
Most of the third party 'customized' keyboards are official Apple keyboards. Companies buy them and change the keytops to suit the application. The Mini we use at home for internet and Photoshop work has the enlarged letter/numeral/etc. on it and when I flip the keyboard over it has the Apple logo molded into the plastic bottom. Note that this is a wired model but I'd imagine the wireless ones are the same. Same keys/keyfeel as the box stock Apple ones and no overlay.

QAPLA!
Old 08-05-2019, 03:14 PM

I can't find a wireless one that is an official apple keyboard - my wired one is an official apple with the keycaps swapped out, but I can't find the official wireless version, checked editorskeys, logickeyboards can't find an official one
Old 08-06-2019, 04:20 AM

Quote:
I can't find a wireless one that is an official apple keyboard - my wired one is an official apple with the keycaps swapped out, but I can't find the official wireless version, checked editorskeys, logickeyboards can't find an official one
What's so special about having an 'official Apple' keyboard? There's no need really. You're not going to find a third party modified keyboard that says it's an official Apple keyboard because they can't. Like I said they buy Apple keyboards and modify them.

All that being said have you seen this one at editorskeys? https://www.editorskeys.com/collecti...wired-wireless

QAPLA!
Old 08-15-2019, 03:26 PM

dang!!! would love one of these wireless versions..... petty they're sold out by the looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post

All that being said have you seen this one at editorskeys? https://www.editorskeys.com/collecti...wired-wireless
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 08-16-2019, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
dang!!! would love one of these wireless versions..... petty they're sold out by the looks
Just checked on the site and from the looks of things it's the US English wireless model is sold out BUT the UK/Euro English wireless model is in stock. I wonder what the difference is?

QAPLA!
Old 08-16-2019, 04:41 AM

Probably has a "warm beer" key and the "Esc" key has changed to "Exit" holding or releasing the "Shift" key is with or without a plan

Quote:
Just checked on the site and from the looks of things it's the US English wireless model is sold out BUT the UK/Euro English wireless model is in stock. I wonder what the difference is?
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 08-17-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
What's so special about having an 'official Apple' keyboard? There's no need really. You're not going to find a third party modified keyboard that says it's an official Apple keyboard because they can't. Like I said they buy Apple keyboards and modify them.

I'm looking for an apple one - as in a genuine apple one that has been modified, not a 3rd party make, the editors keys keyboard is not a modified apple keyboard, it is a generic wireless keyboard (no doubt of the quality, I'm typing on an editors keys keyboard now that is an apple wired keyboard that as you have said they modified)

I'm looking for an official apple keyboard that someone has modified with the pro-tools keykaps.
Old 08-17-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I'm looking for an apple one - as in a genuine apple one that has been modified, not a 3rd party make, the editors keys keyboard is not a modified apple keyboard, it is a generic wireless keyboard (no doubt of the quality, I'm typing on an editors keys keyboard now that is an apple wired keyboard that as you have said they modified)

I'm looking for an official apple keyboard that someone has modified with the pro-tools keykaps.
You have failed to answer the question: what's so special about having an 'official' Apple keyboard? How do you know that the Editors Keys wireless one is not an 'official' Apple product? You're not going to be able to buy a PT-centric keyboard from Apple - they don't make them. And you're computer won't care if it's an 'official' Apple keyboard or not. I've used a bunch of non-official Apple keyboards with different Macs and they've all worked no problem. Same for rodents.

QAPLA!
Old 08-24-2019, 01:52 AM

sorry - what's so special about having the apple one.

a.) apple support
b.) the apple quality is actually quite good
c.) I use the official apple keyboard a lot and I'm used to it - the feel and size of it.

I know the editor keyboard is not an apple keyboard because I contacted them and asked them, and they explained they use a different brand for their wireless keyboard, and still have some older models from when they did use the apple keyboard

I know I'm not going to be able to buy it from apple - however in the past companies (such as editor keys) have bought apple keyboards and modified the key caps, this is the ideal solution for me.