Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 10-22-2013, 06:12 PM

Default AAF Issues, No fades and no automation.

Hi everyone.
I haven't been using Pro Tools for long. I currently have 10 and 11 on my system.
I have a small issues and I can't get my head round it. I've been working on a few projects as a dubbing engineer. The video editors work with Avid software and Hardware. All the projects have been sent to me as and AAF file and once opened all worked fine. All fades and automation in place.

Here comes the problem. Once I finished cleaning all the audio up, applying fades, cross fades, adjusting the clip gain and fine tuning the automation, I would like to send another AAF to another colleague of mine to then check through it once more, apply any plug-ins needed such as compression and limiter etc... He works in PT 10 and 11 as well.

Up to now any AAF sent to him had no fades, no automation, any stereo file was split in two, panned centre and was far louder than in the original project.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get PT to export the AAF with embedded meta data?

Any help would be mostly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:36 PM

Default Re: AAF Issues, No fades and no automation.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you send him a copy of the session instead of AAF?

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 10-23-2013, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Just out of curiosity, why don't you send him a copy of the session instead of AAF?

Cheers,
Hi,
I would have, the only reason I wanted to send an AAF is because, for time issues we spit the project in half. I had to send him the mixed first 20 minutes so he could import the session data in his project.
Also on the plus side it's always good to know, could happen again that I have to send a AAF to someone with fades and automation included.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:18 AM

PT does non destructive editing. Bounce the track and send that...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Old 06-05-2018, 08:12 PM

No fades in AAF. I tried all different settings and cant seem to export an aaf with fades. This is true also for the client whom can not see any fades. I have tested all my aaf's by reimporting definetly no fades however the regions are cut where normally there would be a fade and there is now some meta data example fade 01_02