Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-13-2008, 07:17 PM

Default Logic 8 TDM - No sound from DTDM tracks

Was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. TDM tracks are fine, but DTDM tracks just don't work. Here's my config:

PT 7.4cs2 HD Accel
Logic 8.01
G4 dual 1.25 MDD

Anyone get this working with similar config?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2008, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Logic 8 TDM - No sound from DTDM tracks

Quote:
Was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. TDM tracks are fine, but DTDM tracks just don't work. Here's my config:

PT 7.4cs2 HD Accel
Logic 8.01
G4 dual 1.25 MDD

Anyone get this working with similar config?

Thanks
I had the same problem. I couldn't figure it out myself. No help on the Apple website as they could care less about if Logic works wit Pro Tools. I just switch until I find out this myself....

Anyone....Very Interested.

Marc Ellus...1ne
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZYp2wNomc
Old 01-14-2008, 03:32 AM

have you created DAE-Inputs with the channels ESB 1 through 8?you can have 4 stereo inputs or 8 mono inputs or a combination of that.they receive all the signals from your dtdm-engine.you need to assign your dtdm tracks to outputs ESB 1-8.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:08 AM

Configuring this from scratch is a bit of a dog - I always use the TDM template that is supplied with Logic as a starting point as the plumbing works. However, as the last poster said, the key thing is that the native Logic elements are routed through the ESB channels which in turn have to go through AUX inputs.

Good luck
Old 01-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Avid

A DTDM track is not actually an output itself - it must be routed to a DAE track, via ESB (Emagic System Bridge).

The way to do this is set the output of the DTDM track to an ESB output (you have 8 available - 8 mono or 4 stereo), then create an Aux Input that's set to DAE and change it's input to ESB. You can then select the DAE output that you want it routed to from the output tab of the Aux Input track.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:53 PM

- I wonder if I'm the only one who experienced that Logic crashes all the time after upgrading protools to 7.4 ? there's something going on the with the dae/dtdm stuff now again...very annoying...
Old 01-14-2008, 04:09 PM

I was routing DTDM to ESB to DAE, but getting no sound. I even tried using the default TDM template that comes with Logic 8 - no luck. Strangely, I wasn't even getting sound on my DAE tracks until I changed the DAE settings to use 48 Voices (3 DSP) - think default was 64 Voices. Wondering if theres a magic setting to get it all to work.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Avid

Quote:
- I wonder if I'm the only one who experienced that Logic crashes all the time after upgrading protools to 7.4 ? there's something going on the with the dae/dtdm stuff now again...very annoying...
Are you doing anything in particular when it crashes? Anything that might give us a clue as to what's causing the crashes?
Old 01-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Avid

Quote:
I was routing DTDM to ESB to DAE, but getting no sound. I even tried using the default TDM template that comes with Logic 8 - no luck. Strangely, I wasn't even getting sound on my DAE tracks until I changed the DAE settings to use 48 Voices (3 DSP) - think default was 64 Voices. Wondering if theres a magic setting to get it all to work.
Could you get audio from the DAE track itself? Were there meters on the DTDM track? If you changed the DTDM track to a different type (Core Audio, but NOT Digi HW via Core Audio), could you hear anything?

One big contributor is having Core Audio enabled with Digi HW - do not do this. It WILL cause problems. You can use Core Audio, just make sure you have other CA hardware to use and I would go so far as to remove the Digi CA driver from the drivers folder for good measure.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:39 PM

Ok, I got it working - it was really a dumb mistake on my part. The DAE aux tracks labeled ESB 1-2 that come with the TDM template file are actually using input 17-18 instead of ESB 1-2. Don't know why Apple would do that to us. Re-reading the other recommendations above made me double check it. Thanks guys.