Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2008, 06:24 PM

Default Pro tools will not play or record. Please HELP

Hi, I'm new here and I've got an mbox 2 pro setup with protools le 7.3 running on windows xp home edition. Ok, so I've been having this problem with my pro tools. when I start it up and load up a file it's all normal, but when I try to play or record it says "DAE error 3" and it wont work.

Now I think my problem is my external harddrive (and I dont see why) because every time it's not connected protools works and when it is it says the "DAE error 3" message and wont play or record anything. I thought I had the problem fixed because I kept switching usb ports and it finally worked in only ONE of them, but now that's not working either. Can someone please help. I've looked all on the internet and cant find anything about a "DAE Error 3". This is really frustrating...
Old 08-23-2008, 07:20 PM

We really need lots more info to help. Start with the threads up top named "troubleshooting" and "Help us help you". Your external drive should be a firewire drive with the Oxford chipset as USB drives are not supported or recommended. Also, the firewire port chipset needs to be an approved one or it may not function.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-23-2008, 07:28 PM

thanks. so what your saying is NO usb external harddrives will work? because that's what mine is. It worked when I first got it but now it's messing up with protools