Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 08-13-2015, 07:36 AM

Default Control won't connect - what am I missing?

I have the most current iPad Air, a 6-core nMP Mac running the latest version of PT 11, OS 10.9.5, EuCon 3.3, and both the iPad and Mac are connected to the very same Airport Extreme base station. When I open EuCon I only see my Artist series controllers. I understand that the Artist Control won't operate at the same time as the iPad Control app but even when I turn both Artist series hardware off the iPad app won't register with EuCon. I've restarted both machines, tried restarting EuCon applications via the EuCon app, and followed the steps mentioned in the Control manual. With ProTools running and EuCon turned on in Peripherals I get no activity from the iPad app. Nuthin'!

I'm running Mavericks, not Yosemite. Could this be the issue? Otherwise, all associated hardware and software appears to be on the approved list and configured properly.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Control won't connect - what am I missing?

Might be this ,
go to System Preferences/Eucon preferences and make sure wi fi is selected under network interface
Old 08-13-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcintyre View Post
Might be this ,
go to System Preferences/Eucon preferences and make sure wi fi is selected under network interface
I tried that a couple of times, too. It didn't help my Mac find the Control app. Neyrink works (but is currently uninstalled) as does the Logic app. I'm out of options.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:40 AM

I can confirm that the OS isn't the problem. I just tried connecting the same iPad to my machine at work, which also uses OS 10.9.5, and EuCon found it right away and it works as expected.

The only blatant difference between the two rigs is that the home Mac (which doesn't work) is connected via WiFi and the work Mac (which does work) is connected via ethernet.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:40 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I can confirm that the OS isn't the problem. I just tried connecting the same iPad to my machine at work, which also uses OS 10.9.5, and EuCon found it right away and it works as expected.

The only blatant difference between the two rigs is that the home Mac (which doesn't work) is connected via WiFi and the work Mac (which does work) is connected via ethernet.
Hey Eric,

Send me a network and system profile.

we're investigating a couple of cases.

JC
Old 08-13-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist PM View Post
Send me a network and system profile
Gladly, but how do I create those reports?
Old 08-13-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I have the most current iPad Air, a 6-core nMP Mac running the latest version of PT 11, OS 10.9.5, EuCon 3.3, and both the iPad and Mac are connected to the very same Airport Extreme base station. When I open EuCon I only see my Artist series controllers. I understand that the Artist Control won't operate at the same time as the iPad Control app but even when I turn both Artist series hardware off the iPad app won't register with EuCon. I've restarted both machines, tried restarting EuCon applications via the EuCon app, and followed the steps mentioned in the Control manual. With ProTools running and EuCon turned on in Peripherals I get no activity from the iPad app. Nuthin'!

I'm running Mavericks, not Yosemite. Could this be the issue? Otherwise, all associated hardware and software appears to be on the approved list and configured properly.
I have the same problem and have been trying to work through it with Kyle at AVID.
The strangest discovery for me yet, was that my wife's iPad (previous to the Air that I have), connects just fine. I am using Yosemite on both nMP and MBPro...with the same result for each.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 08-13-2015, 06:05 PM

Ive run into a similar issue. It seems to be related to Mavericks, as I am able to run PT Control successfully on a Yosemite Macbook using the same Wifi connection and iPad.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:47 PM

Both of my 'not working' systems involve Yosemite.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 08-13-2015, 07:57 PM

And my working system uses Mavericks so that's not the culprit. Or at least it's not the only guilty party.