Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2014, 06:39 AM

Default AVID VENUE S3L 64-input installation

Hey ya'll there's a lot more to come---but since we're fans of the AVID Venue consoles here I thought this might be a fun one to talk about. I recently designed what was a major overhaul to a large church here in Georgia with an all new sound system, stage monitoring system, and of course a new console (the AVID S3L). While more information is to come in the not too distant future, I thought I'd post a few teaser pics and information. In short the S3L is a serious little console---especially for houses of worship. I think it's a lot more powerful than others might realize. In this design I was able to place 48-inputs on the stage and bypass their floor-pockets altogether---this helped to dramatically clean up the stage wiring mess. Additionally we placed a 4th Stage Rack @ FOH for the Wireless Microphones, Congregational Mics (which go to record, not to FOH mix), Baptistry Mic, etc. for a total of 64-inputs. Technically speaking there are more than that with the E3 Engine and on the console itself.

Additionally I designed the stage monitoring around the PIVITEC 32-channel IEM system, controlled by iPad's over a dedicated WIFI network. Again, more information to come---with this console we were able to increase channel count, not have to re-patch instruments depending upon the musicians that week, the ability to multi track record for both virtual sound-check and to transition from live broadcast to a post-production style broadcast (while also going live on-air over radio), provide unlimited monitor mixes with up to 32-sources to select from, and have total recall while greatly reducing the foot print in the FOH booth. It sounds GREAT, of course the new speakers and amps were a huge help---but a bad console would have shown its colors. Everything is punchy, super clean and quiet otherwise. I've been working with, and installing, the Venue line of consoles since Day one that the DShow came out, used one myself for years. The S3L might not be for everyone, but this board is a serious little monster!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BradFOHVenue1.JPG (68.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rack.jpg (47.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-29-2014, 07:40 AM

Default Re: AVID VENUE S3L 64-input installation

This is great! Thank you for sharing, looking forward to more.