Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-25-2005, 12:48 PM

Default new region while in record?

Any keyboard shortcut that will allow me to deliniate different regions while not coming out of record? I do location recording and frequently they will say "going again, keep it rolling" but I want to give it a new take number. I've been having to go back, split regions and then rename them. If it's in the lit. I've missed it. Thanks
Old 07-27-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: new region while in record?

bump? No genius for me today?
Old 07-27-2005, 09:52 AM

if you're doing several takes of the same thing you can use Loop Record and it will create a new region everytime the loop begins again. Maybe quickpunch, I know it takes you out of record but if you puch out & in real quick you'll get seperate regions. Otherwise just drop markers as you go so you can tell where the regions should begin.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:33 AM

I think the safest way to go is using Markers to number the takes. Then chop the regions after.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:50 PM

What I would do is, in preferences, select "insertion follows playback". That keeps the cursor/insertion point parked where you stop instead of jumping to the head of the session. Then, you'll just have to be quick on the trigger to jump out and back in to record fast. Command-spacebar will throw you into record very quickly, spacebar stops. What I would want in your scenario is not region names, but actual FILE names, and the only way to make a new file is to stop and start recording(without going back later and manipulating the regions destructively). If you do it properly, this method will even give you take numbers that reflect the actual take number, not regions that you have to rename and keep track of. And markers are only good until you start moving regions on the timeline. This makes for a more manageable project later-you won't have 1 big file that you have to root around in to find the first verse of take 17 and the bridge of take 8. Hope this helps.