Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2009, 10:22 AM

Default TCE processes wrong end of region...

Pro Tools HD, 7.3.1, pitch 'n' time LE: 80% of the time, when I stretch the front of a region with the TCE tool, rather than anchoring the end of the region and bring the front in or out, the region anchors to the front and stretches the opposite end of the region from where I used the tool, leaving either a blank or an overlap after the region. This is turning every stretch edit into a 3-4 step process (sometime more because it involves guess work and lots of undos) instead of a single click. Any idea why it'd be doing this?!?
Old 11-26-2009, 11:29 AM

Default Re: TCE processes wrong end of region...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookSix View Post
Pro Tools HD, 7.3.1, pitch 'n' time LE: 80% of the time, when I stretch the front of a region with the TCE tool, rather than anchoring the end of the region and bring the front in or out, the region anchors to the front and stretches the opposite end of the region from where I used the tool, leaving either a blank or an overlap after the region. This is turning every stretch edit into a 3-4 step process (sometime more because it involves guess work and lots of undos) instead of a single click. Any idea why it'd be doing this?!?
IF this is new behavior you might try deleting the preferences and databases with the app at the top of this forum.. ff
Old 11-26-2009, 01:20 PM

Default Re: TCE processes wrong end of region...

it's been going on for a while, but I'm on my seventh 12-hour day in a row today and it got REALLY annoying! I didn't even think of prefs. Is there a reason you suggest an app over manually deleting?