Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2013, 03:01 PM

Default S6 Matrix-view would look great on a tablet

I've been watching a few videos on the new S6, and one of the things that struck me as really innovative and useful is the Matrix view on their new touchscreen. The functionality and usefulness is like the Artist Control Eucon touchscreen on steroids. It seems like this kind of functionality would merge brilliantly with an iPad/tablet, which are becoming increasingly more common in studios (and everywhere).

I've used both Neyrinck's V-mon, as well as Maggot's Spanner, and while they both have some pretty cool uses (with Neyrinck's V-window functionality you can even get an iPad to mirror the Artist Control's touchscreen, putting that functionality on a MUCH better and more sensitive touch surface), both are forced to use workarounds by nature of being developed outside of Pro Tools.

Ive long thought an official secondary control app from Avid could be useful, and watching the vids of the S6 touchscreen and the Matrix functionality it offers it seems fantastic. The touch panning functionality and integration looks great too. Would love to just pop that thing off the S6 and bring it with me from studio to studio.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Avid

Default Re: S6 Matrix-view would look great on a tablet

That's a great idea, thanks for the input.
We're always working on cool stuff for the future so stay tuned.

[email protected]

Check out our Pro Mixing Webinars :
http://www.avid.com/US/resources/pro-mixing-webinars

Avid Pro Mixing Blog:
http://www.avidblogs.com/promixing/
Old 11-19-2013, 10:38 AM

Default Re: S6 Matrix-view would look great on a tablet

Fantastic, I eagerly await learning more