Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2011, 02:03 AM

Default Re: The NAMM show with no 003 and new DJ software

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
I don't know what the general practice is, but I would imagine they only display new hardware at the Namm show ?

The 003 is not a new hardware device, so I would not be suprised for not seeing it at Namm.
The eleven rack isn't either but it was there. No matter though, I'd imagine that something is in the works that takes precedence over updating drivers for their hardware's.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:19 AM

Right...but they had an expansion pack for the 11R to showcase, which would have been difficult without having an 11R there.
Nothing new about an 003/003R, hence no need to have them there.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post

If you cut out the (too many, in my opinion) duplicate posts in this and other forums, you're talking about, what, maybe fifty people in total? Around the world?
and you think that is a small number? Besides, do you think all of the people having issues will post it in the forum?

Anyway as you said yourself Bill, even if it was one person they would need to get support for it. All this tells us is that Avid sees the fact your digi003 freezes as your problem, not theirs. And this is out of order.

Especially becasue it is something THEY have done. All of the people experiencing this have very different set ups, and the problem started from everyone with the cs3 update for PT8 (reverting back to PT8 cs2 will make it work again) So it is obvious the issue has been introduced by a mistake from Avid.

I agree lawsuite is not the way to go, but public shame and telling other poeple will have a huge detrimental effect. I am actively spreading this around. See http://www.beware-of-digi-003.co.uk/

This is just an holding page. It will become a full blown site if I don't hear a firm message from avid apologising and showing real concern. Say you are researching whether to buy a 003 and you see that, or the threads on DUC about 003 owners desparate to make it work for the last 3 months and little input from DTS...

would you buy it? Certainly most people would not risk it

What avid is doing is not good for business. Treat your customers like that, build the wrong reputation, and you are DONE. As simple as that
Old 01-18-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejwells View Post
Right...but they had an expansion pack for the 11R to showcase, which would have been difficult without having an 11R there.
I was going to point that out. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkio99 View Post
What avid is doing is not good for business. Treat your customers like that, build the wrong reputation, and you are DONE. As simple as that
The thing is... it's not as simple as you claim at is. Certainly not as simple as building a website to slander a company.

First off... we have absolutely no idea how many people this affects. But if people submit problems through proper support methods... then Avid can accurately tell who is having the problems. It maybe be much larger or smaller than we can even know. Plenty of people chime in on your threads all the time to tell you that their 003s are working, but you always ignore them as if they aren't providing relevant info.

If it's as broad a problem as you say (across OS, versions, etc) then it's not going to be easy to lock down. It's not like identifying a perp from a lineup... it takes a lot of digging around which takes time and resources. It's also not their number one priority.

You can keep posting your thoughts all over this website, and create your own website and spend all your time and money shouting from the mountains... but it won't make Avid fix drivers any faster, and it certainly won't put you in their good books either. We all know how Avid takes their time with these things, but the fact that they have recognized it AND responded (despite how "little" of a response you claim) which they have absolutely no responsibility to do in this environment, is a big deal.

If you really want official word from Avid, get a hold of them on the phone. If you hijack every single thread in this forum... it's not going to help anyone, and it's certainly not going to help the 99.9% of others who come here not looking for help with their 003.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 01-18-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
so, i saw the duc posting;
said, hay! , i used to kno a hayesland...
could it be???
went to the contact page to say, what the dillio,
saw my mulletty mug!!!
so christe, greg, and crew,
how are y'all?!?
totally not surprised you guys are still doin' it;
i pegged you as "players" from the get-go.
so happy to see you're still in it.
would listen to your trax now but i'm actually in a sesh now
(with a band from temecula, is that near you?)
missya,
e
(so sorr-e for the o.t... ya those blasted 03's or 04's or whatever...! )
Whats up elicious, yea I always use the actual performing name, as I will run into old friends which is cool, We played 7 songs at the NAMM by the way alot of fun and thousands of people.

Quote:
Soo, someone actually posted he had and didn't have any problem and you just ignore him? See the comment (below) posted before your last post.
I notice people only read what they want on these and disregard the rest referring to Emcha Audio..........and then I dont even know what trolling is as I dont have time to antagonize people. If you read the post from the only guy who said he had been in front of a working 003 (just like my 003 works alot of the time) Does he own it as, if you click his link , he is selling them.

I am actually curious like I have written in this post 3 different times ( we all agree that a class action is way out right now ) anybody who has an 003 (not rack or 003r) that is working as this is a control surface issue.

And in t/s would be good to know what the working ones have in common.

By the way I am forced to use reaper, Emcha audio, as my 003 does not work. I really never see anybody that would come on here and just say I hate pro Tools just to get someones goat.

I will not buy PT 9 until we fix PT8 and the 003. To me this is utterly retarded and a no brain subject.

I did poke fun at the fact that alot of people were waiting for an 004 or something in that order and they put out DJ software ( I agree if there are people who will buy it more power to Avid).

Hello Avid my Flagship 003 keeps freezing up!!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 AM

@ Hayesland

Is true I do not own a 003. I work for a systems integrator and a dealership and have set up and configured *dozens* of 003's and hundreds of Pro Tools systems of all types, including an HD system for Madison Square Garden this summer:
http://imsproav.com/wp/2010/08/msg-m...ls-hd-install/

I am not saying that AVID hardware and software is not 100% free of problems. I'm just saying that I personally have set up many 003's that are working just fine for their owners. I see them working here in the shop, I see them working in the studios of their owners, and I get many reports and after the sale expressions that the 003 makes a very good choice as a digital audio hardware front end for Pro Tools, at a very reasonable price. I have probably been in front of many, many more 003 units than you have and they all seem to work.

Now if your 003 is not working for you, we are all here to help- or maybe there is another solution for you. But it is simply not true that the 003 as a product does not work.
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by promixr View Post
now if your 003 is not working for you, we are all here to help- or maybe there is another solution for you. But it is simply not true that the 003 as a product does not work.

1000+

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 01-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Avid

I was hoping merging the other threads into one would keep this issue in ONE thread, for easy response. I completely understand the frustration with this and, while I may be up here enough with responses, I have responded several times with updates.

Currently this issue is being looked at by the driver team. As of this moment I don't have much to tell - as soon as there is ANY kind of word, I'll post again.

I haven't visited the primary thread yet this morning, but someone had posted a possible fix yesterday - did anyone else try it? I'm going to look at it now to see if there were any responses...
Old 01-18-2011, 09:08 AM

Thanks promixr,
Appreciate the update. I am trying to approach it differently than to find the 003 that does not work. Just how I built my computer from the guys on here that had the working system.

My idea was to look at the guys with the working 003 as we can see the DUC is ridden with the non working 003's.

Just remember that mine works most of the time and then occasionally freezes and my 003 never had this issue until I upgraded to 8.xxxx.

I was asked on here before why wouldnt you upgrade to PT8.xxx and I said I was afraid...........hahahaha. I did it and Im in the worst mess Avid has seen in a long time with their hardware/software.

Im pretty sure that it is concluded that this is Avids fault and not user however it would be nice to see all the working 003 guys chime in and then we can get a feel for where we really are.