How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2011, 11:59 AM

Default The NAMM show with no 003 and new DJ software

Hi Mates,
As I tooled around the NAMM show I noticed that the new Release is DJ software not the 003. There was not even an 003 in the exhibit. In Which is maybe sending a huge signal as to the direction Avid is going. I might have just missed it but no 003!
So the industry standard is not recording audio anymore, it is DJing
They did have a fast track pro hooked up to m-powered although I have my fast track pro hooked up to reaper
Then they had all the m-boxes hooked up also.
Although I appreciate all the work being done by our peers in working out a fix for the 003 it might be time
Time for class action in regards to protools timeline placement and 003 the old flagship that has sailed and sunk.
We can get all our money back give a lawyer half of it and buy some software that has literal support (not virtual support like Pro Tools)

Again if I had the time or patience like otto and nekkio and anybody not mentioned I would help however any time I spend might be better with the lawyer. Sorry for this!!!!!!

How about anybody that has an 003 just respond and say yours is working fine. The people at NAMM were oblivious to any problems with timeline or non functioning sunken flagship 003. So maybe we are a select few.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:13 PM

Default Re: The NAMM show with no 003 and new DJ software

Every 003 I've been in front of is working fine- not sure what you're referring to...
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:13 PM

Before you break your teeth off chompin' at the bit over a class action suit...

give a lawyer half

The way most of these things work out, the lawyers would make millions, while you'd get a coupon good for $10.00 off (if that much) on your next purchase from the Avid store.

That's if you could prove deliberate deception on the part of Avid, show that they made no effort to rectify the problems (ever seen what a big-ass stack of engineer's timesheets look like?), and meet a variety of other burdens.

Then at least a few members of the proposed class would have to prove that every single bit of their computer hardware met Avid's published specs (and if you don't have one of the Dells or HPs or Macs on the list you're SOL), that you installed the software in total accordance with every line, comma, and period in the Avid instructions, and a variety of other caveats.

If you cut out the (too many, in my opinion) duplicate posts in this and other forums, you're talking about, what, maybe fifty people in total? Around the world?

That leaves you with how many in the US? Out of how many 003 units sold?

As someone noted, even one is too many, especially if you are that one. And if I were that one, I'd be plenty pissed, too.

At this point, the best thing you can do is to courteously remind Avid, maybe every couple of weeks or so, that you are still waiting for a solution. If you are losing revenue, point that out. Keep enough pressure on them to keep them moving toward finding a solution, but not so much that you just get dismissed as a pita.

About the only other realistic alternative is to try to get Avid to give you either a properly working unit or a refund. Of course the refund would probably come with a non-disclosure agreement where you would have to agree that you would never disclose that they gave you a refund and that you would never bad-mouth Avid again to anyone.

Then, if they gave you a refund, you would be faced with the problem of having to buy new equipment, learn a new DAW, and a variety of other problems.

As I said, I feel for you guys, and if I were in your position I would be more than a little pissed, especially if it was costing me money.

But realistically, you probably wouldn't be able to put enough pressure on Avid to make them do anything, and pissing them off will probably not make them want to do anything.

Sorry, but that's the reality of it, guys...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
The way most of these things work out, the lawyers would make millions, while you'd get a coupon good for $10.00 off (if that much) on your next purchase from the Avid store.
Hi Bill ha ha ha ha
It is funny that you would have to take it that far as to file a class action however it would not be as you described and your talking about your AT&t bill or something in that order where you lost $50.........
This is much more substantial and I have enough evidence to put the clamp on.

Im just curious if there are others that the 003 actually works.................

Not like promxr who is selling 003's. Probably doesnt own one!!! You have to spend a little time with it for it to freeze and alot of guys probably got so used to using the mouse that they dont notice.

Anybody actually use their 003 and have no problems?

Anybody think its funny that Avids new release is DJ software?

Alot of people were excited for an 004
Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayesland View Post
Hi Bill ha ha ha ha
It is funny that you would have to take it that far as to file a class action however it would not be as you described and your talking about your AT&t bill or something in that order where you lost $50.........

Im just curious if there are others that the 003 actually works.................

Not like promxr who is selling 003's. Probably doesnt own one!!! You have to spend a little time with it for it to freeze and alot of guys probably got so used to using the mouse that they dont notice.

Alot of people were excited for an 004
I have an 003(R) that works fine.

Avid's spotlight wasn't even on the "DJ" software at NAMM. The M-Audio Venom was far more interesting, and certainly not just a "DJ" tool.

Plus, a long awaited update to the 11R was released, and I'm sure there aren't too many DJ's who found that useful. Not to mention the new MBox pricings, new PT9 educational pricing... just because NAMM didn't have what you were looking for, doesn't mean Avid has ditched the ideas.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Hi Bill ha ha ha ha

Not like promxr who is selling 003's. Probably doesn't own one!!! You have to spend a little time with it for it to freeze and a lot of guys probably got so used to using the mouse that they don't notice.

Soo, someone actually posted he had and didn't have any problem and you just ignore him? See the comment (below) posted before your last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by promixr View Post
Every 003 I've been in front of is working fine- not sure what you're referring to...
Quote:

A lot of people were excited for an 004
There are plenty of audio company out there that have made their own version of DJ software. Why would Avid not jump on the band wagon and put out a product that people that knows Avid and trust the company can take and use to their advantage?

Native instrument made a dj software. Now how about All those who go and make IPOD and IPAD applications? Now that's pretty much stupid if you ask me. But if there's a market for it, a company would be completely stupid to ignore it. Although this one I truly hope we will not see PT on Ipad or Ipod lol.

Now go on run along, go play with your little program that doesn't even have a wave or midi editor that you need to install a third party to be able to open an editor. Or your untested unsupported plug-ins that anyone with any experience in txt file coding could actually infect you with many many problems. Reaper in essence is not a bad Idea, it's those like you who use it and go on other users forum to trash the program they use that are giving it a bad name.

Like I said on an other thread.

Don't feed the troll!

Old 01-17-2011, 05:55 PM

Im laughing really. really. hard right now. Go ahead, file a lawsuit at avid for not fixing their drivers fast enough.

Keep us posted!

Nick
OCZ Agility 64 GB SSD
Hitachi 1TB 32 MB HDD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Saphhire HD 5850
3 x 20" monitors

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Fender Super Champ XD
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver Edition W/ Silver Jubilee Cabinet
Old 01-17-2011, 10:02 PM

003r win7, PT9.01: working
003m imac, PT8.01: working
003m MacPro, PT8.01: working

Just say no to lawyers

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television
Old 01-18-2011, 12:16 AM

Default wow!!!

so, i saw the duc posting;
said, hay! , i used to kno a hayesland...
could it be???
went to the contact page to say, what the dillio,
saw my mulletty mug!!!
so christe, greg, and crew,
how are y'all?!?
totally not surprised you guys are still doin' it;
i pegged you as "players" from the get-go.
so happy to see you're still in it.
would listen to your trax now but i'm actually in a sesh now
(with a band from temecula, is that near you?)
missya,
e
(so sorr-e for the o.t... ya those blasted 03's or 04's or whatever...! )
Old 01-18-2011, 01:23 AM

I don't know what the general practice is, but I would imagine they only display new hardware at the Namm show ?

The 003 is not a new hardware device, so I would not be suprised for not seeing it at Namm.