Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2008, 07:18 AM

Default Need help with audio monitoring

hi

every time i start a session 4 strange things happen, i am using PT 7.4.2, OSX Leopard (latest) running a 2007 MacBook Pro 17".

1- i can not hear my audio signal/channel which is record enabled during playback, where can i change this?
2- when i loop/highlight a section the loop ends during playback, only loops during record, i can not see the end (blue arrow) for loop end at all, where do i change this?
3- Also when i record into one line input of the ozone and then play back in Pro Tools i only get one side instead of a true mono signal while i recorded in a mono channel, any way around this?
4- During play back i can not adjust the pans (so far)

I looked in the prefs and can not make heads or tails of it, also tried HELP feature in the menu but nothing comes up.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Avid

Default Re: Need help with audio monitoring

You can download the Pro Tools Reference Guide and documentation installers here:

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?navi...&categoryid=36

After you've installed that check out:

Page 338 - Selecting Input Monitoring modes
Page 116 - Explains Loop Playback and other modes
Page 134 - Track formats (you want to make sure you're using a mono track, rather than stereo)

As for #4 - can you explain what's happening a bit more? What type of track is it? What's been recorded on it? What makes you think the pan isn't working, exactly?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Need help with audio monitoring

Hi

Thanks,

I guess i lost my patience after 15 years of TDM, HD, LE and now a home M powered set up..

Page 116 covers the transport window and functions, i recorded on the left in of my Ozone to a mono track, don't know why it only plays one side still.

I tried testing but it fails,

Tested the built in audio: i took the built in Apple sound and sent it out the Ozone, i hear stereo, but when i play from the PT session all mono tracks only play from the one side, left is silent while i see the levels in the channel as well,

I also tried a new session and imported the audio, but the same results again, right channel dead and it is coming from Pro Tools Software NOT anything physical on the Ozone or a cable and the output is assigned to Stereo 1 and 2., i am clueless to why this is happening.