Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2017, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Looks Like I Will Be Staying Indoors!

Studio flooded but all gear safe. Will be back up in a few days after clean up. Lucky for sure.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:08 PM

Glad your gear is safe. What part of town is the studio in? You can PM me if you don't want to give too many details that might attract looters. Will you have to remove drywall and insulation?

Note: The sun just came out briefly a few minutes ago for the first time in days.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:21 PM

Thanks for the updates guys ... Saw the coverage of the weather on TV this evening and I was mind blown of how much water and damage mother earth can throw at us ... I will keep you in my prayers and I wish you all the best in these weird trying times.

All The Best From Stockholm Sweden where these things never happen
(knock on wood) as we have a pretty beige / vanilla climate.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-29-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
Glad your gear is safe. What part of town is the studio in? You can PM me if you don't want to give too many details that might attract looters. Will you have to remove drywall and insulation?

Note: The sun just came out briefly a few minutes ago for the first time in days.
I'm in the Washington Ave Arts District. An older building that's cool and industrial but is showing its flaws for sure. Slated to move out in the next few months.

No sheetrock ruined, these are concrete walls and the water came in from outside through the joints. Mostly just on the floor so had to pick up all cables so we can mop in the morning. It's just a flesh wound...will be back up!
Old 08-29-2017, 05:33 PM

Good to hear. An engineer friend of mine, Andy Bradley, had some water in his house per his Facebook page, but don't know about his studios, Wire Road and Sugarhill Studios.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
Good to hear. An engineer friend of mine, Andy Bradley, had some water in his house per his Facebook page, but don't know about his studios, Wire Road and Sugarhill Studios.
Wire Road is fine. I'll actually be doing a session there this afternoon. Thank you to Bill over there for offering up Wire Road to me as I get it back together.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:41 AM

Great to hear Wire Road is fine. That is a beautiful studio! I was worried about it since it is near the White Oak Bayou, but I guess the levies there held.

Old 08-30-2017, 02:42 PM

Was looking for some new Promark drum sticks and found out they're made in Houston. Don't know where but somewheres in there. Got to support them any way I can.

QAPLA!
Old 08-30-2017, 03:13 PM

Interesting, I didn't know that. I Googled their address and it turns out they are about 5 or 6 miles from where I live. I have driven past there many times, but the highway is elevated and you can't see the businesses below.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:18 PM

The news is being broadcast all over the world, I was watching CNN & Fox this morning. It looks bad over there.

Seeing everyone pull together was heartwarming. The U.S has been getting more than their share of criticism about Trump in all, but when the chips are down nobody does it like the USA. They are always there when other countries need help with natural disasters and at least here in New Zealand it is appreciated very much.

So as a sign of respect and an ally, keep it up guys, the sun is on a near rotation!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O

Last edited by zedhed; 08-30-2017 at 10:28 PM.