Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 09-19-2019, 10:04 AM

Default Double Tape Assign to Copy Tracks from Banking Mode into Current Layout - Bug

I love the option that has been added to "Double Tape Assign to Copy Tracks from Banking Mode into Current Layout." However, it seems to follow the prior behavior before Virtual Strips was added. It always stops at the number of faders I have and doesn't follow my virtual fader setting so I have to add the extra faders in manually each time. This is more of a safety thing to have the assurance that what I see in Pro Tools is what is going into my layout.

I especially use this for interrogating track I/O to make sure I have all the tracks that relate to those paths.

Anyway fixing this bug or adding this feature would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-19-2019, 10:18 AM
Avid

Default Re: Double Tape Assign to Copy Tracks from Banking Mode into Current Layout - Bug

I’ll examine the current behavior and report back.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MTRX FAQ
Old 09-20-2019, 06:10 AM
Avid

Default Re: Double Tape Assign to Copy Tracks from Banking Mode into Current Layout - Bug

Are you saying that you have your virtual layout set to bigger than the number of faders and when you do the copy it only puts the tracks from whats on the surface into the layout ? If so that is working by design as there are no other tracks on the surface to put in the Layout. I can see why you would want it filled though.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:02 AM

Thanks, Jeff and Eddie for your replies. To answer your question Eddie yes I guess what I was thinking was I want to show all the tracks for that path and quickly put them into a layout. I just thought since I could bank them it would fill up at least the number of virtual tracks in the layout but I guess that is not the case. Is there another way around this to quickly assure the accuracy that I have all the tracks that belong to that layout?

In Pro Tools, I can right-click on a bus and choose "Show Only Assignments to Internal Layback - Pro Tools Mix" for example. Then in tracks view it shows only those tracks. Is there a way to choose "Select All" in Tracks Assign mode I can select one and then get the option to "Select None" but option clicking, shift-clicking under settings button or on the faders doesn't give me an option or select all.

I'd just like to ensure accuracy and speed in setting up these layouts.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:11 PM
Avid

Thanks for the feedback. We’ve certainly had other users convey a desire for selecting and populating a collection of tracks from the PT UI into a Track Layout.

best,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MTRX FAQ
Old 09-23-2019, 06:43 PM

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your positive feedback.