Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2008, 10:46 AM

Default DigiTranslator 2.0 -- Fatal Error

I needed Digitranslator 2.0 to import an OMF file into my MacBook's 7.3.1 LE system. So I borrowed a license card that sticks into my ilok from a friend. I couldn't find anywhere a download for just the DigiTranslator 2.0 software, so I downloaded and installed the DV Toolkit 2 software. I deleted everything it installed except the OMF.bundle file. Upon Protools startup, it stopped at DigiTranslator and I had the option to check the "use license card" feature. I hit "next" and it gave me an error saying that the license card inserted was not valid. It entered an endless loop of me hitting "enter" to clear the error and the error popping back up. So I force quit and delete the OMF.bundle file and remove the license card from my ilok. I also restarted the computer at that point. Afterwards I learned that the license card failed because its probably authorized only for another system. However, the problem I have now is every time Protools launches I get a "Fatal Error" error message (i can quote the message exactly later, I'm at another studio as I write this). This message seems to be benign in that I can just hit "ok" and it goes away and Protools keeps booting normally and sessions run just fine. I want to know what is going on, if anyone has had this problem, and how to fix it. I would also like to know how to properly use someone else's license card in my ilok with Digitranslator 2.0 (if at all possible).