Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 08:28 AM

Default Tiger Fix which works perfectly

Just installed Panther back on my Maxtor Firewire drive and just choose this as my startup disk when i need to do a session. It works perfectly. I am sure others are doingt he same but just in case it's been missed. BTW if it's been posted already I apologise but the search doesn't always throw up old post info. That's before some of the more intense people on here start posting snotty messages about it already being posted - you can never be too helpful!

Cheers
Russ

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Tiger Fix which works perfectly

Russ - by now you should know the No good deed goes unpunished. Basically, if its not on the first page, its NEWS Thanks for the heads up.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 06-19-2005, 10:54 AM

In English would have been nice 'Cliffy' any chance of wrting your last post so it makes some sense?
Russ

Old 06-19-2005, 11:06 AM

Russ - which system are you using? Another guy found that when he ran Panther on a new dual 2.0 G5, the cooling system didn't seem to work correctly. If that's correct, it wouldn't matter if it was booted off the internal drive or an external drive. I'd install Temperature Monitor, and watch it for a while.

Old 06-19-2005, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Russ - which system are you using? Another guy found that when he ran Panther on a new dual 2.0 G5, the cooling system didn't seem to work correctly. If that's correct, it wouldn't matter if it was booted off the internal drive or an external drive. I'd install Temperature Monitor, and watch it for a while.
iMac g5 20", Tiger 10.4.1 on internal, Panther 10.3.9 on the firewire, 512meg, Maxtor Onetouch 250meg. Digi002 with pwr loom upgrade and psu replaced. Protools 6.9.

PS: Where can I get Temp monitor?

Old 06-19-2005, 04:48 PM

Quote:
In English would have been nice 'Cliffy' any chance of wrting your last post so it makes some sense?
Russ
in the Queens English old chap:

Ignoer the:
Quote:
That's before some of the more intense people on here start posting snotty messages about it already being posted - you can never be too helpful!
Your post has value even if one searches and finds a similar back in may. Those that complain that the thread existed in the past spend way too much time on this forum.

As for the temperature monitor, search temperaturemonitor.dmg Thats what its called and I have it. I just forget where I got it from. Try HERE
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12