Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-28-2010, 08:42 PM

Default problem installing digidesign audio drivers (beta) for windows 7 64-bit

hi,
i am trying to install the beta audio drivers to run protools 8.0.3 on windows 7 64-bit. I have followed the instructions supplied in the digi forum.
the installshield wizard keeps getting interrupted with the message 'the wizard was interrupted before digidesign audio drivers could be completely installed'
has anyone experienced this problem?
any help would be awesome.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:45 PM

Default Re: problem installing digidesign audio drivers (beta) for windows 7 64-bit

What interface?

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 06-28-2010, 09:03 PM

Default Re: problem installing digidesign audio drivers (beta) for windows 7 64-bit

sorry,
003 rack...
Old 06-28-2010, 09:11 PM

did you uninstall the 8.0.3 drivers first from PROGRAMS and FEATURES located in the control panel.

Then RIGHT CLICK the Driver installer, choose Run As Admin. Let it load. You can leave the 003R off, it doesn't matter.

Then restart. Turn your 003R ON before the PC boots.

When it boots. Go to Devices and Printers in your Start menu. You will see the 003 Rack. Right click it. Properties >Hardware tab> Properties. Click the Driver tab. it will PROBABLY say Driver version 8.0.3.xxx, this is the wrong driver.

Click UPDATE DRIVER. Browse My Computer. Let me pick.

Now depending on if you have another interface like the 11R installed, it probably wont show the version of the driver in the Compatible Drivers area, BUT if the 003R is your only interface you should see 2 drivers. 8.0.3 and 8.0.4. If you dont see them, UNCHECK the "Compatible Only" box. Choose the 8.0.4.223 driver dated 12/16/2009. Click next. Let it load. Then the HOST light will probably start to blink on your 003R. Then you are good to go. Restart, and launch Pro Tools. Remember to have User Account Controls OFF. And always launch PT with Run As Admin.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-28-2010, 11:25 PM

thanks for that,
my problem is still that after uninstalling 8.0.3 driver, it will not complete the installing of the new driver. and comes up with 'the wizard was interrupted before digidesign audio drivers could be completely installed'...so i dont have access to the 8.0.4.223 driver you recomend...
Old 07-16-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
did you uninstall the 8.0.3 drivers first from PROGRAMS and FEATURES located in the control panel.

Then RIGHT CLICK the Driver installer, choose Run As Admin. Let it load. You can leave the 003R off, it doesn't matter.

When it boots. Go to Devices and Printers in your Start menu. You will see the 003 Rack. Right click it. Properties >Hardware tab> Properties. Click the Driver tab. it will PROBABLY say Driver version 8.0.3.xxx, this is the wrong driver.

Now depending on if you have another interface like the 11R installed, it probably wont show the version of the driver in the Compatible Drivers area, BUT if the 003R is your only interface you should see 2 drivers. 8.0.3 and 8.0.4. If you dont see them, UNCHECK the "Compatible Only" box. Choose the 8.0.4.223 driver dated 12/16/2009. Click next. Let it load. Then the HOST light will probably start to blink on your 003R. Then you are good to go. Restart, and launch Pro Tools. Remember to have User Account Controls OFF. And always launch PT with Run As Admin.
hey how r yu doing? i can see that you are perfectly running you 003 with W& 64bit.
I just received my 003 rack, do you think it is possible for you to instruct me on how to do it?
I was reading on the Official unofficial windows 7 thread about people who made with the mbox, but I hardly find anyone who made it with the 003...
Please.... thannks
cheers
Old 07-16-2010, 02:12 PM

amoretam,

The 8.0.4 release has superseded 8.0.3 and includes the proper drivers for the 003. Upgrade to this new version following the online instructions carefully.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 08-20-2010, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post

Hey mate, I have been having errors with my 003 and Pro Tools for ages. Every time i have tried to lauch Pro tools for a year it has crashed and given a windows blue screen error with "bad host 0x0000019"

I have just started to try again to get it running with even cubase but no success.

My specs are as follows:

System Components:
CPU: [Intel] quad core extreme 2.8GHz
RAM: 8gig DDR2
GPU: [NVIDIA] 9800GTX x2 SLI
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster X-FI Titanium, 003 Rack
Monitor: 23' [LCD]
Motherboard: Nvidia N-Force 680i SLI
Power Supply: 750 watt thermal take
Case: Thermaltake
Hard Disk Drive(s): x4 1TB WD Cavier Green, 1 64 gig SSD
Speakers: ESI nEar08 desktop studio monitors

Running windows 7 64 bit, using all of the 64 bit drivers and 8.0.3 PT LE

I have tried wiping my computer, formatting everything, reinstalling everything etc. I was just following the thread here and i found out about the driver update thing mentioned in the post. I find my 003 rack in devices and printers, go to the driver tab and it has the 8.0.3 driver, but IT DOESN'T LET ME UPDATE THE DRIVER!!!

The button to press is whited out, so i can't do a thing. I have tried running cubase, which at least loads with out blue screening, but when i get to adding the 003 asio driver it doesn't allow me, giving the following error:

Audio Engine Error: Could not activate ASIO Driver ASIO Digidesign Driver FW003

Please help, else i would have spent all this money on the Hardware etc for nothing
Old 08-20-2010, 07:47 AM

Interesting thread. My Windows7/PTLE8.0.4 install seems to not have correct driver support. I was wondering whether or not there was a need for manual driver installation--but this thread seems to indicate that all the necessary drivers are now included with 8.0.4, and this makes sense. But it still doesn't change the fact that my hardware isn't found by PT at start-up; nor does the 003R show up in the Windows Device Manager.

Very interesting indeed...

TB

EDIT: It just occurred to me that I haven't explored this Legacy driver mode. In the 75+ pages of that one thread, I remember reading about it--but sort of forgot about it. There are so many issues mentioned in these W7/LE8 threads, that it's hard to keep them straight. So you have to run the 8.0.4 updater with the fire wire card in Legacy mode, or can you just switch to that mode after the installation has finished?
Macbook Pro 2.66GHz i7, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.6.6
Mac 2.0GHz G5, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.5.9
Glyph 500GB, 120GB external hard drives