Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2015, 10:45 AM

Default Re: PT12 has less Instrument Tracks?

I personally need at least 16 instrument tracks with difrent virtual instruments like kontakt , trillian ,hybrid , maschine, Mpc rainassan and there on like having basically my own virtual sound module while still having the lowest buffer size 64 and if possible even better 32 just no latency issues common please avid We deserve this make it happen I know that you could
Old 01-24-2015, 01:42 PM

It's been a few days, I feel like Avid would've posted an update to their chart by now.... Needless to say I'm a little disappointed...
Old 01-24-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adgjk View Post
It's been a few days, I feel like Avid would've posted an update to their chart by now.... Needless to say I'm a little disappointed...
Drew Mazurek was checking into it but I guess no answer from Avid yet. Either way artificial track limits are a joke.

QAPLA!
Old 01-24-2015, 02:32 PM

Yea we are still awaiting an answer on this but since it's NAMM right now we might have a few days until anyone who knows can give us some more info

We will keep you posted as soon as we have anything to relay

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-25-2015, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Yea we are still awaiting an answer on this but since it's NAMM right now we might have a few days until anyone who knows can give us some more info

Best Regards
Christopher
Much appreciated. Are you out in California? Wish I was; I'm stuck here in cold snowy New Jersey on the East coast with another foot of the white stuff coming in the next 2 days.

QAPLA!
Old 01-25-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post

Best Regards
Christopher
Not that I'm terribly interested having decided I'm not advancing to PT12, but ...

I hope that Avid not only clarifies what the changes are, if any (just in case it may be a typo), but ALSO provides a clear justification for the changes, not just a regurgitation of the 'for performance and reliability reasons' BS that accompanied its withdrawal of Complete Production Toolkit.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 01-25-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioj11 View Post
Now if Avid would only fix the import session data of multi out VI's bug...
THIS!!!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-25-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthurley View Post
There is no wrong way to eat a Reece's
Absolutely! I even switch between methodologies depending upon the type of session. There's no single *right* way across the board (literally), there are several best ways depending on varying scenarios. Suggesting a single solution is actually counterproductive, even if offered under the guise of being helpful (which, unfortunately, is rarely the true motive). What's important is understanding the options and knowing when one is better than another, and THAT would be a positive way to use the forum, not for earning phantom trophies for being "right."

In this case, what would be a valid reason why Avid would lower the number of available instrument tracks?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
In this case, what would be a valid reason why Avid would lower the number of available instrument tracks?
To ensure optimum performance and reliability?

More specifically, because MIDI and VI support is flaky and limited, so they want to encourage less of it?

Because their high end 'real' target market doesn't even use VI, as they are busy dipping into their libraries of footsteps, gunshots, breakng bones and girls screaming to spot onto the soundtrack timeline?

Because they can?

Any other suggestions?
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 01-25-2015, 10:14 AM

Perhaps now there is going to be a direct upgrade path to HD? ...without buying hardware, or maybe features will be avail a la carte. I suppose in that case further restrictions of the entry level version might make sense business wise. And if the added features aren't cost prohibitive, it could be a good thing overall.