Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2013, 02:28 AM

Default How do I migrate TL Space?

I can't figure this out of the life of me. I'm retiring my old MBP but would like TL Space set up on my new one exactly the same. Same presets, Same impulses, etc.

I put the old MBP in target and moved the presets over and that worked. Moving the impulse folder, not so much. TL Space wouldn't acknowledge them. So, I did open the browser and load them that way, and it worked, but they are not arranged the same. The browser is not arranged the same.

Now, when I open old sessions with instances of TL Space, it doesn't load the settings. It just goes to a default template. maybe its confused by the new browser arrangement or maybe I still need to load something else.

The two folders I moved/replaced were:

Mac HD - Library - Application Support - Digidesign - Plugin Settings - TL Space Presets
Mac HD - Library - Application Support - Trilliam Lane - Impulse Responses

If it's even possible, can anyone detail the steps to getting TL Space set up on my new machine EXACTLY like it was on my old one. It's the same plug in version on both. Both intels. All is the same (except PT).

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:09 AM

Default Re: How do I migrate TL Space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by right beside View Post
I can't figure this out of the life of me. I'm retiring my old MBP but would like TL Space set up on my new one exactly the same. Same presets, Same impulses, etc.

I put the old MBP in target and moved the presets over and that worked. Moving the impulse folder, not so much. TL Space wouldn't acknowledge them. So, I did open the browser and load them that way, and it worked, but they are not arranged the same. The browser is not arranged the same.

Now, when I open old sessions with instances of TL Space, it doesn't load the settings. It just goes to a default template. maybe its confused by the new browser arrangement or maybe I still need to load something else.

The two folders I moved/replaced were:

Mac HD - Library - Application Support - Digidesign - Plugin Settings - TL Space Presets
Mac HD - Library - Application Support - Trilliam Lane - Impulse Responses

If it's even possible, can anyone detail the steps to getting TL Space set up on my new machine EXACTLY like it was on my old one. It's the same plug in version on both. Both intels. All is the same (except PT).

Thanks.

Hi,

Try this... open the plugin then open the TL Space presets browser to the right, then click on the edit option. then the reset to default IR library.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:10 PM

Ok, I'll try that when I get to my studio. But I have many impulses that are not tl space impulses. Will resetting to default library exclude them?
Old 05-31-2013, 04:39 PM

If you've customized your menu's on the old Mac, it's likely that you will have to do the same again on the new... Though I'm certain there is a configuration file somewhere..

Resetting to default is not going to get you where you want to go I'm thinking.... You will have to re-link all of your impulses and sort them out again.

I'll try and search around today to see what I can find...

I have about 7-8 GB of impulses collected over the years that I keep on a storage drive and just re-link to every time I have a new install of TL Space or some of the other reverbs I use..

I'm hoping that Space makes the move to AAX as it's always been a powerful and useful tool.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:38 PM

Ok, I figured it out.

Resetting to the default did not work.

I'm not sure if it just decided to work today, or if a slight change I made helped, but this is what I did:

When you install TL Space It creates this path:
Macintosh HD > Library>Application Support>Trilliam Lane>TL Space>Impulse Responses

Earlier, I tried replacing the TL Space folder but to no avail. This time, I left it and just replaced the Impulse Responses folder. Then when I opened TL Space, I opened the browser and from the 'edit' menu I selected 'import other IR folder' and just pointed it to the folder I had just replaced there. Now when I open sessions, my saved settings open with the plugin.

Replacing the Preset folder mentioned earlier in this thread worked just fine.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:45 PM

Ok, I figured it out.

Resetting to the default did not work.

I'm not sure if it just decided to work today, or if a slight change I made helped, but this is what I did:

When you install TL Space It creates this path:
Macintosh HD > Library>Application Support>Trilliam Lane>TL Space>Impulse Responses

Earlier, I tried replacing the TL Space folder but to no avail. This time, I left it and just replaced the Impulse Responses folder. Then when I opened TL Space, I opened the browser and from the 'edit' menu I selected 'import other IR folder' and just pointed it to the folder I had just replaced there. Now when I open sessions, my saved settings open with the plugin.

Replacing the Preset folder mentioned earlier in this thread worked just fine.