Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2009, 08:50 PM

Default pt 8

anyone having a problem when opening a session in pro tools 8 that it creates A FEEDBACK SOUND in your speakers as well as in the headphone feeds. Never had this in 7.4 . Also it will just loose output to moniters. have to shutdown and restart pro tools to get to work again. if i could go back to 7.4 i might just do it as i had no problems . the new look is not good and the rtas plugins are pretty crummy when you have a tdm system mix screen way to big constant scrolling up and down
Old 01-08-2009, 01:49 AM

Default Re: pt 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by odeu87 View Post
anyone having a problem when opening a session in pro tools 8 that it creates A FEEDBACK SOUND in your speakers as well as in the headphone feeds. Never had this in 7.4 . Also it will just loose output to moniters. have to shutdown and restart pro tools to get to work again. if i could go back to 7.4 i might just do it as i had no problems . the new look is not good and the rtas plugins are pretty crummy when you have a tdm system mix screen way to big constant scrolling up and down
Hi,

Many of the things can be customized to your own liking! you need to spend some time with it and get it to display only what you want. and open up the color palette and use the sliders on the color palette set the desired look.

Your feedback problem sounds like a routing problem or a clocking problem! its going to be a process of elimination.

If you open a brand new session to get this problem?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:22 AM

yes these are sessions that were recorded on 7.4 as for new sessions i dont think so ..when i installed revibe 8.0 i got the feedback when i would raise the send level on a track. went back to 7.4 version of revibe and all was well ..is it that older sessions are not compatable or is there some type of operating system bug? maybe that no one else is having this problem. i do have revibe and reverb one opening in these sessions . other than that i use McDSP which are be being opened also. just guessing but maybe revibe 7.4 is still not compatible with pt8 thanks for the reply
Old 01-08-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odeu87 View Post
yes these are sessions that were recorded on 7.4 as for new sessions i dont think so ..when i installed revibe 8.0 i got the feedback when i would raise the send level on a track. went back to 7.4 version of revibe and all was well ..is it that older sessions are not compatable or is there some type of operating system bug? maybe that no one else is having this problem. i do have revibe and reverb one opening in these sessions . other than that i use McDSP which are be being opened also. just guessing but maybe revibe 7.4 is still not compatible with pt8 thanks for the reply

Hi,

Its most likely you have mix and match of i/o settings from the old session and the new PT8 install and you are probably sending the signal back into itself somewhere which is causing a feedback loop.

If you can't find the problem then upload the session.ptf file (no audio etc just the session file) and we'll take a look at the session.

you can use www.sendspace.com and paste the link here

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.