Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2009, 04:56 PM

Default Protools 8 'configuration lists' bug...

Loving PT 8 so far...

Here is an annoying bug;

Because I am a total 'window configuration list' addict (one of the best features ever I must say) - especially for post audio, I have all my templates set up with various window configs for NR, EQ'ing, Surround processing etc etc - you name it...a huge time saver...

However - with PT 8, whenever I switch to a window config that has the 'mem locations' window open as part of the config, the 'mem loc' window appears on screen with a large white square blocking all the markers/text...solution; close the 'mem loc' window then reopen it (apple/5) ...the markers and text are there again...

A fix for v8.1....???

(OSx10.5.5, Quadcore Intel, HD Accel 3)
Old 01-08-2009, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Protools 8 'configuration lists' bug...

Were the Configs made in 7.4 or 8?

If you imported them from a pre 8 session, the oddity could have been brought forward. If so, try making them from scratch in PT8 and see what happens.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:24 PM

Nope - tried making from scratch...same problem...

Also happens on a mates system - brand new Mac Pro w/PT 8, never had PT installed until last week...

Just a bug I'd say....

Put it on your list Digidesign for first rev of PT 8....
Old 01-09-2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmaster Nate View Post
Loving PT 8 so far...

Here is an annoying bug;

Because I am a total 'window configuration list' addict (one of the best features ever I must say) - especially for post audio, I have all my templates set up with various window configs for NR, EQ'ing, Surround processing etc etc - you name it...a huge time saver...

However - with PT 8, whenever I switch to a window config that has the 'mem locations' window open as part of the config, the 'mem loc' window appears on screen with a large white square blocking all the markers/text...solution; close the 'mem loc' window then reopen it (apple/5) ...the markers and text are there again...

A fix for v8.1....???

(OSx10.5.5, Quadcore Intel, HD Accel 3)
I have something funny in my configs as well. If i.e. I have 10 send faders open in a screen set and I recall it... Sometimes the graphics on the sends looks all white and whacky. Clicking in the white space will activate the PRE button although the button for PRE is located an inch above where I clicked.

In addition - configs. dont always work on session load. At least for the MIX window's "Audio Tracks" pane on the left side. I have to manually click the config in questions in order for the pane to hide, although it was saved in the config. Everything else loads fine

See this thread as well Windows Configuration Error