Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2008, 07:35 PM

Default Protools of the Future

Hi everybody:

I´m a Protools user 10 years from now. I´ve seen all kinds of changes and improvements to this amazing software, since version 3, now we are in 7.4. But, at the end of the day I always think that is not enough, I always want more. So, I was wondering what new things will have protools 8 or 9. Perhaps it will be a waste of time, but maybe digidesign´s developers could find that important in some way.
I see, in a future, a new protools interface, maybe gray background to work in dark studios. Two or more edit windows in a single session, for example, one window to playback tracks, the other to record. In my dream of the futuristic protools I see working with infinite number of voices, as much as my system can let me. Now, with my MacBookPro, I can play 96 voices (48 stereo tracks w/dvtoolkit2), imagine how many voices will be then. Free plug ins for Mastering. 5.1 tracks in protools LE, (you know, I now can mix 5.1 works in my digi002, but I´ll be much happier with 5.1 tracks)

Well, as Queen says in that song: “Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy...“ lets get the time be the jury.

I hope not to be banned because of this silly post.

Greetings
Mario
Old 02-01-2008, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Protools of the Future

I am a student at full sail. I just got done with my second pro tools certification class. Your Pro Tools sounds pretty amazing. I had an idea to add to that. When I started in Pro Tools, all I could think about were how many ways to do everything. In my dream, pro tools could work like photoshop. You could make separate layers in the same session. so you could do different things on different layers. Think of this as one giant playlist for the whole session. I understand the storage for this could be a bit large, but again it is just a dream