Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2009, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Is Mellowmuse really worth it ?

It's a +1 for me, not because its so great, but because it addresses a problem not addressed properly by Digi. It's the simplest solution, though it's not quite that simple, I still can't get my head around the "dry" subs, for some reason can't understand the concept. Getting old I guess.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrude55 View Post
It's a +1 for me, not because its so great, but because it addresses a problem not addressed properly by Digi. It's the simplest solution, though it's not quite that simple, I still can't get my head around the "dry" subs, for some reason can't understand the concept. Getting old I guess.
Watch the videos I linked to a few posts back
Old 09-16-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrude55 View Post
I still can't get my head around the "dry" subs, for some reason can't understand the concept.
The "dry sub" parallel routing from early on has been a thing of the past for a couple of versions now. If you look at the current manual available at the ATA webpage, you'll see some routing examples that represent the concept of compensation layers that ATA now follows.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 09-17-2009, 01:19 PM

Thanks to Flommers link I think I'll be holding off on ATA. I'm glad it's around but that actually brings me to another question. I'll most likely have this half answered by the time I come back to read this thread but what would be the absolute cheapest route for making the jump up to HD ? There's 5 or so features that I'm tired of wanting. Normally I would save for the long run and not go the cheapest route ( Like waiting for my u87 instead of buying a shure then a nady then a mxl ) but when it comes to PT HD I want to jump in asap. Like I said , I'm going to answer a lot right now heading back to digi main site but was curious if someone has a setup ( unorthodox perhaps ) but runs well while saving a few thousand ? Thanks

Oh , sorry about not responding to my own thread for 2 days . When duty calls.....
Old 09-17-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulablank View Post
Thanks to Flommers link I think I'll be holding off on ATA. I'm glad it's around but that actually brings me to another question. I'll most likely have this half answered by the time I come back to read this thread but what would be the absolute cheapest route for making the jump up to HD ? There's 5 or so features that I'm tired of wanting. Normally I would save for the long run and not go the cheapest route ( Like waiting for my u87 instead of buying a shure then a nady then a mxl ) but when it comes to PT HD I want to jump in asap. Like I said , I'm going to answer a lot right now heading back to digi main site but was curious if someone has a setup ( unorthodox perhaps ) but runs well while saving a few thousand ? Thanks
On HD I REALLY vote against.
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and native DAWs stretch far away.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppertree View Post
On HD I REALLY vote against.
What happened to you, peppertree?

You seemed to have dropped out of circulation for a while, but now you are back up to full force again...

I'm guessing the news of PTessential and 11rack were just too much for you to sit on your hands for..
Old 09-17-2009, 01:43 PM

As is typical, I come here to procrastinate when I actually have too much to do.
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and native DAWs stretch far away.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:48 PM

c'mon don't get started
Old 09-17-2009, 05:08 PM

ATA uses the same routing paradigm as the manual Digi Time Adjuster except that it allows latency inserts on the "dry buses" between groups. For those wondering, the routing has to be this way as there is no provisions available programmatically for it to be otherwise.

Gary
Mellowmuse Software
http://www.mellowmuse.com