Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2009, 01:35 PM

Default Tough Tempo Question

In your tempo ruler area (green). After you've set a tempo map or there is one already there, When I select a region and use tools such as the trim tool to lower that particular time area region in the song, it stretches and changes the tempo of all proceeding time regions/tempos. This is annoying, I spoke to a PT tech support guy, but said there are ways to do it so other regions don't move but too detailed and to come here. This could be extremely helpful in tweeking your tempo maps to be perfect and infinite possibilities from there. ANY KNOWLEDGE PLEASE?
Old 01-08-2009, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Tough Tempo Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by esamaxe1 View Post
When I select a region and use tools such as the trim tool to lower that particular time area region in the song
right here is where you lose me. I'm not sure what you are trying to describe? Are you saying you use the trim tool to trim an audio region's front or end so the audio region is shorter and by doing so, the tempo changes?

Not sure if we are calling everything by the same name. In protools, "regions" are what the actual audio clips is called. If you select a section of time, for example from bar 1 through bar 3, that is normally called "a selection" in protools and you can have audio regions(clips) within it. Usually the only things that go "lower" or "higher" in protools is volume, and you can adjust volume using the trim tool...

To me, what you just described is selecting a piece of audio on an individual track, and then you dropped the volume and in doing so, changed the tempos of all the audio around that piece of audio?

So... looking at what you are saying... you might be trying to select a section within the tempo timeline and have just that selection be a different tempo? But if that were the case, it wouldn't change the tempo of anything around the selection... so again, I'm not exactly sure what it is you are describing...

Sorry about that, just try to explain a little further what it is you are trying to do. Maybe give a couple step by step things you are doing so we can help you a little better.