Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 11-19-2018, 04:14 PM

Default Eleven Rack $199 @ Sweetwater

Eleven Rack $199 at Sweetwater... https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ro-tools-first
Old 11-20-2018, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack $199 @ Sweetwater

Eleven Rack is it worth I had considered the 11rack but not being a guitar player I don't know if its suitable as a keyboard interface may just wait for a new product to come from Avid.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrelandM View Post
Eleven Rack is it worth I had considered the 11rack but not being a guitar player I don't know if its suitable as a keyboard interface may just wait for a new product to come from Avid.
The Eleven Rack is really targeted at guitar and bass players.

And unclear what you mean by keyboard interface? MIDI or analog? (rhetorical question, this guitar forum is not the place to discuss it, start a new thread elsewhere if you want help).

I doubt there will be any more consumer interfaces from Avid. They really exited designing/contract manufacturing their own consumer products, they briefly toyed with reselling Apogee low-end products and abandoned that quickly, smart business move.. finally. And they appear to have exited design of their own professional/HD products and have been rebadging DAD interfaces at the high end for a while. The Eleven Rack is an aberration, old stuff still being manufactured, long, long after the key design folks responsible left Avid, but still very useful and intersting for lots of users. HD IO and Omni are also still for sale, not clear if that is all old-stock or they are still actively being manufacture or when Avid might discontinue sale of any of those. ... but for other consumer interfaces I'd just hope Avid never bothers to chase that low-margin/high support hassle market again, and if they were stupid enough to do so did I'd run far away.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 11-20-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:54 AM

at $199, I bought a second one - for the price of a pedal...look what you get!
Old 12-04-2018, 09:34 AM

Nice. I wanted to buy a backup as well but missed out. They sold out quite quickly.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:03 PM

I missed it as, well, but found it for same price on Amazon from Alto Music. The only difference is you don't get Sweetwater's custom Artist patches, I heard mixed feelings about these anyway so wasn't a big deal to me.