Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2004, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Emagic Logic Pro at NAMM

From Emagic's news archives....

Comprehensive compatibility with Pro Tools HD Accel cards
October 8th 2003
Emagic is the first third party host software developer to support Digidesign's new HD Accel cards. Take full advantage of the increased processing power offered by the HD Accel cards immediately by downloading the free updates for all registered customers of Logic Platinum 6, HTDM Enabler and EPIC TDM.
When using Logic Platinum version 6.3.1, an increased maximum track count is possible with HD Accel cards. This update also offers a new option in the Arrange Page to deactivate Smart Snap functionality, while the stability of Logic Platinum 6 under Mac OS X is further enhanced. For more info click here.
In addition, HTDM Enabler 1.2 and EPIC TDM 1.2 are optimized to take advantage of the improved processing power of HD Accel cards. These updates are a requirement to run HD Accel cards with HTDM Enabler and EPIC TDM.
For further information regarding the technical details of the HD Accel cards, please visit www.digidesign.com
Old 01-15-2004, 10:21 AM

It's the same program until they rework the interface, which may never happen after all. I think that between Apple and Emagic, they don't have what it takes. Apple doesn't understand audio beyond a loop-based Volkswagon commercial concept and EMagic is butt-buddies with clutter.

ProTools really is something special. I hope Digi thinks of an elegant way to implement notation and improve tempo controls.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:24 AM

Just an FYI.....

I called Apple/Emagic Sales ... The "Unofficial" upgrade price from Logic Platinum v6 is $199.00 and he stated that Apple NEVER announces a product if it will not be released within 30 days.

Peace
.:
naughty dog
Old 01-15-2004, 12:44 PM

Now for those of us lucky enough to not own logic but were just about to buy it, well, this day is a good day. All the included plugins were ones I wanted and was going to pay extra for.

Now I don't have to.

Wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(what's pro tools again????)
Old 01-15-2004, 12:58 PM

Quote:
'I dont see anything to upgrade'

Even if you owned all the Emagic FX and Synths currently available you still won't have the new Guitar Amp, Sculpture or UltraBeat plugs. I own everything except Space Designer so I would still like to upgrade to Logic Pro for a sensible price especially as I must have spent over 2 grand on Emagic software to date. Also I'm still on OS9 and my version is extremely stable on DAE and does suppport Audiosuite, Rewire and VST plugs (1 out of 4 ain't bad though )
Yes, i was OK with Logic on OS9 as well...... I was totally shocked to find no rewire support (in particular) with Logic/osx/pt. I dont really understand this because I also have the ESB TDM Bridge which I thought would have worked with Rewire. Im also certain the software has many bugs when used as a front end for PT's beacuse I never stopped getting so many problems with it, but when I used Logic in Native mode it was stable. I dont blame digi for this. COme to think of it most of my Logic problems started when I went HD and when I went OSX Logic 6 it was a total disaster. with my Mix system OS9 I remember having an ok time with Logic.

I have a fair amount of emagic stuff myself and its all sitting there doing nothing. If I were able to use the TDM ESX24 in Pro Tools at least I wouldnt feel to bad.

Anyway, Im really enjoying using PT's software thesedays. My music has gotten better and my stress levels are down (most of the time)

im happy

Old 01-15-2004, 03:44 PM

Rewire DOES work with ESB, but you have to take the DigiReWire plugin out of the DAE plugins folder for it to work. This way, Logic's Rewire implementation does the work instead of Digi's.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:49 PM

I just posted this on the WaveBurner mailing list.. because we noticed that between 2am last night and 6am this morning.. WaveBurner was removed from the EMagic site as a product:

Well.. the Apple guys at NAMM were pretty unhelpful... and sprouting the Apple company policy.. "If it's not a shipping OS X product.. it doesn't exist" -- but the guy did mention that he'd seen a beta version running under OS X.. so who knows. Perhaps he would have been nicer if I hadn't just yelled at him about the new Logic upgrade stupidity which seems to penalize those of us who bought plug-ins.. now for $199 you upgrade and get all plug-ins included.. no matter if you'd bought them before or not.

<sigh>

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 01-15-2004, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Rewire DOES work with ESB, but you have to take the DigiReWire plugin out of the DAE plugins folder for it to work. This way, Logic's Rewire implementation does the work instead of Digi's.
Are you saying that if I pull the "DigiReWire plugin out of the DAE plugins folder", then Logic can feed PT via rewire? How do I set this up? I'm not at my studio, so I'll have to try this in the morning... anyone else making this happen? OSX, right?

Thx

jr
Old 01-15-2004, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that if I pull the "DigiReWire plugin out of the DAE plugins folder", then Logic can feed PT via rewire? How do I set this up? I'm not at my studio, so I'll have to try this in the morning... anyone else making this happen? OSX, right?

Thx

jr
Oh... I thought you were talking about using ReWire when running Logic as a FRONT END for PT. Logic can't communicate with ProTools software via ReWire because both PT and Logic are ReWire masters... Reason and Live, etc... run as ReWire slaves to Logic or PT.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:13 AM

Quote:

You could be right, but I have tried this as well as a hundred other work arounds and I have never been able to get it to work. Ive had logic recognise theres a rewire app running, but thats all it does.

If you have had this working could you explain in a little more detail please

Cheers