Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-01-2008, 12:48 PM

Default I can't find the original 7.4 download

I'm looking to upgrade to 7.4 for Tiger and all I can find is cs updates or the 7.4.2 installer.

I'm running an older G5 and NOT looking to upgrade to Leopard. Where the heck can I find the original 7.4 installer for Tiger? It doesn't make sense to not have it.

Regards,

Brian
Old 09-01-2008, 01:04 PM

Default Re: I can't find the original 7.4 download

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slang View Post
I'm looking to upgrade to 7.4 for Tiger and all I can find is cs updates or the 7.4.2 installer.

I'm running an older G5 and NOT looking to upgrade to Leopard. Where the heck can I find the original 7.4 installer for Tiger? It doesn't make sense to not have it.

Regards,

Brian
Hi Brian,

THis may be a stupid question but have you done a search or back it up on another drive? I think that you can still download a copy from the digi store and you just need to surrender you license to 7.3 and it may still work. Check with Digi. care to chime in here? Hey Bruce, you still running the store here?
Old 09-01-2008, 01:12 PM

Well I'm updating from 7.1. I had the 7.4 license deposited to my ilok account from Digi. So I need to get an installer for the original 7.4 before I can install any of the several cs updates that I can find on the website.

Regards,

Brian
Old 09-01-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slang View Post
Well I'm updating from 7.1. I had the 7.4 license deposited to my ilok account from Digi. So I need to get an installer for the original 7.4 before I can install any of the several cs updates that I can find on the website.

Regards,

Brian
Hey Brian,

I understand your frustration. For a long time I knew the webmaster and when I upgraded a couple of times, the Pace account didn't like my license. I had to get Digi to give them a different license number than the one printed on the manual. It's happened twice and I think it may just be one of those 2% return ratio you see happening on other great products. I know you lost your license but maybe contacting Digi Tuesday can get you up and running. They have saved me a couple of times in situations like this.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Since you already have the license, all you need is the installer. Most of the Pro Tools 7 iLok-protected Pro Tools application installers are available from the Featured Downloads section in Support:
www.digidesign.com/downloads

The Pro Tools HD 7.4 Backup Web Installer is there. For some reason the page was not displaying correctly when I first checked, but it is now.

Also, if you received your Pro Tools update or upgrade as an online download, you can return to it at any time either from your My Digi account or DigiStore account login, depending on whether it was a purchased upgrade or free upgrade.

For help returning to your upgrade downloads (and authorization codes for PTLE owners), please see the Website Help page:

Digidesign Website Help
www.digidesign.com/support/webhelp

You can find that link in the Support section of the website on the right side under Quick Links:
www.digidesign.com/support
Old 09-01-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digidesign View Post
Since you already have the license, all you need is the installer. Most of the Pro Tools 7 iLok-protected Pro Tools application installers are available from the Featured Downloads section in Support:
www.digidesign.com/downloads

The Pro Tools HD 7.4 Backup Web Installer is there. For some reason the page was not displaying correctly when I first checked, but it is now.

Also, if you received your Pro Tools update or upgrade as an online download, you can return to it at any time either from your My Digi account or DigiStore account login, depending on whether it was a purchased upgrade or free upgrade.

For help returning to your upgrade downloads (and authorization codes for PTLE owners), please see the Website Help page:

Digidesign Website Help
www.digidesign.com/support/webhelp

You can find that link in the Support section of the website on the right side under Quick Links:
www.digidesign.com/support
Thanks guyz!
Old 09-01-2008, 01:54 PM

Thanks!