WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-28-2019, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Got one of these:

Attachment 11482
Ahhh, the maag. Do you have a verdict, now that you've had it for a little while? IIRC, you had the Hardware already? (or was that someone else...)
Old 02-28-2019, 04:52 AM

Seems I'm in the mood for verdicts this morning. I will have a on-topic post. I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I used my $50US voucher early on for the Neve channel strip.
I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the Neve plug.

I've done a few using this one on a large percentage of tracks. I've done a few sessions with this as a primary, almost every track gets one added thing. I do wish the noise makers would default to much lower settings. The THD is nifty to add as needed later in mix-down for some quick and easy bolt of energy to the mids. The gate can be useful at times. The compressor is a source of constant twiddling, though leaving in Limit mode can produce some interesting results.

I have some DSP coming for my UAD. I have their Neve 1073 and 88 strips. I might re-mix a small session using the 88RS in-place of the "N" and see what happens with a non-scientific A/B.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:03 AM

So on the voucher thing, I think the Monthly ones have less limitation than the ones they send out as "Surprise" vouchers. The Surprise voucher I jsut looked at from a month or so ago had the $149 minimum purchase. The monthly vouchers did not have these limits in both Jan and Feb. At least not spelled out.

The big unknown on some of these are if they stack. Sometimes they do, sometimes they do not from what I have seen and played with. I got a $29 voucher for an Unlimited Audio plug called Spec-Ops. Adding my monthly $50 brought it down to 0$. Almost feels like cheating, though will not stay like this as I am deciding on one other at the moment.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
Ahhh, the maag. Do you have a verdict, now that you've had it for a little while? IIRC, you had the Hardware already? (or was that someone else...)
I'm just liking the plug. And wouldn't mind if someone sent me the hardware for testing
Old 02-28-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
We were the ones with the hardware and I will post a verdict later on this eve. Have some personal stuff to attend to first.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-28-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Seems I'm in the mood for verdicts this morning. I will have a on-topic post. I promise.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the Neve plug.

I've done a few using this one on a large percentage of tracks. I've done a few sessions with this as a primary, almost every track gets one added thing. I do wish the noise makers would default to much lower settings. The THD is nifty to add as needed later in mix-down for some quick and easy bolt of energy to the mids. The gate can be useful at times. The compressor is a source of constant twiddling, though leaving in Limit mode can produce some interesting results.

I have some DSP coming for my UAD. I have their Neve 1073 and 88 strips. I might re-mix a small session using the 88RS in-place of the "N" and see what happens with a non-scientific A/B.
I use the Neve strip on things that need a bit of boost in level along with some mid-range eq. The low freq eq doesn't do much for me and same for the high freq eq. I find the gate easier to get on with than the ones in the PA SSL branded strips. And like the SSL strips I wish the compressor had an adjustable attack and not just a two position control.

I find it's a totally different sound than the SSL strips (of course) that works where they don't.

QAPLA!
Old 02-28-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I use the Neve strip on things that need a bit of boost in level along with some mid-range eq. The low freq eq doesn't do much for me and same for the high freq eq. I find the gate easier to get on with than the ones in the PA SSL branded strips. And like the SSL strips I wish the compressor had an adjustable attack and not just a two position control.

I find it's a totally different sound than the SSL strips (of course) that works where they don't.
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing your usage habits with this one.

I'm struggling with a mix right now that refuses to behave in both areas you mentioned.