Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-29-2020, 11:07 PM

Default Re: EUControl not working as Makie or HUI with Studio One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones View Post
I got one way communication to work with Studio One 5 and the Artist Mix with Eucontrol v3.6.
Okay... I understand now... You basically have a hybrid installation of EuControl, which i'm completely familiar with.

So, with that in mind... why not just use the latest version that worked with the Mackie/HUI protocols?

I've also learned to not upgrade to the latest version of software in general... because of the fix one thing at the expense of three others nature of software evolution!

I hate to say it, but the functionality of the Artist Series controllers no longer operate as advertised on the box!

You might be better served to experiment with some of the earlier EuControl versions... even earlier than v3.6, just so you can evaluate what has been lost, or gained over the life of EuControl. Just as a suggestion though!

I know it's a daunting convoluted task to read all those release notes, but in the end... you will probably find a combination of software/firmware that gives you what you need... or not!

You might also have to come to terms with if having just the Mackie/HUI functionality is worth all of the aggravation working with these controllers.

Having a Euconized DAW on the other hand is a completely different scenario, which is another option... just sayin'
Old 07-30-2020, 07:48 AM

Yeah I was trying to run a hybrid setup because I still use Pro Tools. I just downloaded Eucontrol 3.3.2. I'll see whats up with that.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:01 PM

Hey it works now! S1 5.0.1 update works with my Artist Mix running Eucontrol 3.6. Basic controls - Pan, Fader, Select, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm. Nudge/Bank. I think that's it but I'm pretty happy that it works.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:22 AM
Avid

Try this if you are still having issues https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...with-EuControl
Old 08-27-2020, 09:54 AM

Right on thanks for the link!
Old 06-11-2023, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Al View Post
Thanks for the reply Dave, yep EUCon has been able to do HUI & Mackie emulation from the start, unfortunately, the drivers are pretty iffy. I spent hours trying to sort it, in the end, I downloaded as many of the latest updates as I could and spent time uninstalling & reinstalling each to see if any worked. I particularly liked the latest EUControl is so bad it's even lost the option for HUI or Mackie in the System preferences pane :) I thought maybe it does both now but nope nothing worked.

I found an old forum post here talking about using the MIDI Driver from version 3.6 the old version before it was re-written, I installed that version and bingo it worked straight away. I gave up at that point & got on with work but tomorrow I'll try installing a later version of EUCON but replace the MIDI driver from 3.6.
Hey ya'll I am trying to work this with Ableton and Reaper and I am getting the same thing where the Mackie Control is missing from the systems preferences EuControl section. Any solution to getting that back? Works fine with protools and logic currently. (Running os 10.15)
Old 06-12-2023, 02:24 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanyap514 View Post
Hey ya'll I am trying to work this with Ableton and Reaper and I am getting the same thing where the Mackie Control is missing from the systems preferences EuControl section. Any solution to getting that back? Works fine with protools and logic currently. (Running os 10.15)
Its in the Mac Prefs not EuControl
Old 06-13-2023, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Its in the Mac Prefs not EuControl

You are saying in the audio/midi section? Because in System Preferences -> EuControl I have read there should be a column called 'Protocol' but that is missing for somereason. I wonder if it is a EuControl update or something?
Old 06-13-2023, 07:57 AM
Avid

No. In the mac control panel/prefs theres an Icon Called EUCON. Its in the guide I sent you.