Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2009, 11:42 AM

Exclamation When I Bounce/ Mixing as a MP....Question

When I mix my song its sounds great i mix it low with the headphones then run thur the whole song again with my monitors and there will be no problems, the sound is great... but the problem is here when i bounce the song as a MP3 or any bounce to play it on my computer or when i upload it to myspace there seems to be no bass in the instrumentals or vocal both seem very weak...but the funny thing is when i play it in my car or cd player everything is fine the bass is there vocals have the punch and backing like there should be as if mastered in a studio....anything anybody please my system details MacBook 10.5.8 OS X, Processor 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, LaCie 500 External Hard Drive , MBOX mini2, Pro-Tools 8
Old 08-22-2009, 02:07 PM

Default Re: When I Bounce/ Mixing as a MP....Question

WALKER!!!! Hey Bud-deee

Ok so the 1st thing that jumps out is that your interface is an Mbox Mini... Computer-specs-etc. has not much to do with it... Thing is, the Mbox doesn't have the best converters(if any) which basically means what ur hearing isn't necessarily what ur hearing just to make it plain; epecially being that u mix thru headphones ...That can really be a bad thing depending on what cans u have, & the thing woth that is, when u take them off & listen to them on (What monitors)?, ur ears are adjusted to a certain thing pretty much...If u play it in the car it may sound fine, but have u ever play another CD in the car 1st then immediately take that out & put ur song in?... Try that & see what happens... Remember, the other song 1st, then ur song...

As for MySpace, thatz really not even worth worrying about it sounding great b/c it just won't really happen regardless to what u tracked, mixed on. etc. But try the car thing & just see if u hear a difference, beit slightly, largely, gravely, whatever...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 08-22-2009, 06:29 PM

Lol...What up Key
I have the Dr. Dre headphones...and Roland monitors...so there pretty good stuff and when im in the car it said like a cd you cant get outta store but its just when its played back on computer or uploaded on the web....im at a loss
Old 08-22-2009, 06:33 PM

Oh well yeah u got some good cans & kool Monitors... Yeah the uoload thing, u can just chalk that 1 up... Thatz why I usually always keep old stuff on MySpace... Once in a while I'll put something 4real on there but really mostly oldies...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 08-22-2009, 10:32 PM

thanks for all the tips my next question is could it be something im doing in my mix/ mastering that affecting it even thou i doubt it b/c like i said it plays well everywhere else besides my computer and myspace
Old 08-23-2009, 01:21 AM

It is most likely your room. It takes many hours to have a room tuned properly. You can have all kinds of issues with how it will sound if you
never have your room set up properly.

Car stereos have the low end cranked so it does not surprise me that it sounds good there.

Check out this info

http://www.realtraps.com/art_tuning.htm

http://www.videomaker.com/article/10334/

http://www.dak.com/tutorials/V5_Editor/test.htm

Good luck