Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-13-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Problem with session Files named Unix executable files, ????

Hello,

System: Imac intel os 10.4.x
PT: 002 Rack version 7.1.1
External HD: My book, western digital

A group brought their External hard drive with their copies of Pt files and sessions of their 11 track album they recorded at other studio, some time ago. I tried to load the files to my system, they loaded ok, but showed that Each files was "converted" or were saying. Unix executable files, that Pt, could not open or support.

I did some google research and found some forums with the same Unix executable file problem but nothing related with Pro tools. They suggested in one of them, to re-name files by changing the right extention, i did that, renamed files adding the .ptf extention , but the files didn't load up. I dont know if that is the correct way to solve this problem, is there a better or proper way to solve this?

There are lots of fade, audio, region, etc . files that I dont know their extention and it seems like a endless task, renaming each file.

Thanks for your atention, and any help will be very apreciated.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Problem with session Files named Unix executable files,

Quote:
Hello,

System: Imac intel os 10.4.x
PT: 002 Rack version 7.1.1
External HD: My book, western digital

A group brought their External hard drive with their copies of Pt files and sessions of their 11 track album they recorded at other studio, some time ago. I tried to load the files to my system, they loaded ok, but showed that Each files was "converted" or were saying. Unix executable files, that Pt, could not open or support.

I did some google research and found some forums with the same Unix executable file problem but nothing related with Pro tools. They suggested in one of them, to re-name files by changing the right extention, i did that, renamed files adding the .ptf extention , but the files didn't load up. I dont know if that is the correct way to solve this problem, is there a better or proper way to solve this?

There are lots of fade, audio, region, etc . files that I dont know their extention and it seems like a endless task, renaming each file.

Thanks for your atention, and any help will be very apreciated.

Just a few questions then: what computer, operating system version, pro tools system and pro tools version were the original files recorded with??

When you say the files loaded ok, do you mean the sessions actually opened up?? Need some clarification of what you mean by "they loaded ok".

@FoxMtnStudio