Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-25-2008, 02:18 PM

Default Strike RTAS - Memory Issues

Hey guys....I am currently using Strike as my primary drum module. The plug-in is fantastic for my needs but for one irritation. If I close one ProTool session and open another, Strike tells me that there is not enough physical memory and to load a smaller content size. When this happens, I usually have to close protools down and reload the application. Once I do that, Strike has no problem loading the samples.

Most of the sample sized I use are mid except for snare and cymbals which I sometimes set to XXL. I have 4GB installed though I know that XP will only utilize 3.3GB or so of it. It seems like I need to empty my the memory cache in between sessions, but I dunno for sure.

Does anybody out there know a way around this little issue. Thanks.

"What's another word for thesaurus?"
Old 07-25-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceBrew View Post
Hey guys....I am currently using Strike as my primary drum module. The plug-in is fantastic for my needs but for one irritation. If I close one ProTool session and open another, Strike tells me that there is not enough physical memory and to load a smaller content size. When this happens, I usually have to close protools down and reload the application. Once I do that, Strike has no problem loading the samples.

Most of the sample sized I use are mid except for snare and cymbals which I sometimes set to XXL. I have 4GB installed though I know that XP will only utilize 3.3GB or so of it. It seems like I need to empty my the memory cache in between sessions, but I dunno for sure.

this thread is great for showin' how to use more memory in XP...

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=212853 works great!!!

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 07-25-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceBrew View Post

Happens with most RAM hungry plug-ins. If I use Battery 3, then cose and open another session with it, it won't load until I re-start Pro Tools. Gets slightly annoying sometimes, but closing the session doesn't empty the memory for some reason.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Space Cabin Audio

I cannot stand that bug! It only happens to me with strike though. Drives me up the wall!

Kris
May the music move you