Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2019, 12:08 PM

Default Pro Tools Control Auto Updates even with automatic updates set to off

Control has been auto updating even with auto update set to off in iOS. Then I am forced to update Eucon to make everything work again. Does this happen to anyone else? I would love to make it stop. Any ideas?

In addition, with this latest update Control seems to have trouble connecting with Eucon. Have to restart it a few times to establish connection.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Control Auto Updates even with automatic updates set to off

I've had a very similar experience.
My ipad seemed to update itself yesterday even though I have auto updates switched off and after installing the latest Eucon version, connection now takes a couple of launches of the app to get it to work.
Otherwise it just sits there saying 'not connected'.
My Avid Mix still works as expected.
I'm also now getting a your ipad is incompatible with the operating system message on the mac now, never had that before.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:38 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools Control Auto Updates even with automatic updates set to off

I'm sorry about this. It really has nothing to do with Avid unfortunately so can't prevent the updates. We are getting close to the all new Avid Control App launch in December that not only has many new features but should connect a lot better.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I'm sorry about this. It really has nothing to do with Avid unfortunately so can't prevent the updates. We are getting close to the all new Avid Control App launch in December that not only has many new features but should connect a lot better.
Eddie - anything in upcoming December Control App release that looks after Logic Pro X and the plugins for audio channels not appearing in App after inserting with Control app?
Old 10-31-2019, 11:42 AM
Avid

This is not us but an Apple bug. they don't send them down. I am talking to them right now though...please see the post about top 5 Logic issues or missing features and fill it in for me.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:51 AM

Thanks, Eddie. I look forward to the next update!

So, nothing I can do to prevent Control from updating itself? Could be wrong but it doesn't seem like other apps auto update this way.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:52 AM
Avid

Nothing we can do. Avid has zero control over this honestly.