Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 02-24-2012, 10:14 AM

Question No sound

This is my first time using recording software, I'm have the korg triton w/open labs miko lxd gen 6 w/avid pro tools 9 installed on windows 7.NO INTERFACE. Using ASIO4ALL as driver. I have main output of triton going into the inputs 1&2 of open labs miko lxd gen 6. I have the monitors connected to the main output 1&2 of OL Miko. When PT9 is in record mode(midi track), I'm getting a signal coming from triton into PT9 but I have no sound coming out the monitors. I see the meter moving when hitting notes on the keys but no sound. In/outputs probably is the issue. Any suggestions?
Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 AM

Default Re: No sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by asav40 View Post
This is my first time using recording software, I'm have the korg triton w/open labs miko lxd gen 6 w/avid pro tools 9 installed on windows 7.NO INTERFACE. Using ASIO4ALL as driver. I have main output of triton going into the inputs 1&2 of open labs miko lxd gen 6. I have the monitors connected to the main output 1&2 of OL Miko. When PT9 is in record mode(midi track), I'm getting a signal coming from triton into PT9 but I have no sound coming out the monitors. I see the meter moving when hitting notes on the keys but no sound. In/outputs probably is the issue. Any suggestions?
Old 02-24-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asav40 View Post
Old 02-24-2012, 10:20 AM

Do you have a virtual instrument installed on that instrument track (which is really midi)????

Pick one maybe xpand and see how that goes

If not you can always load an audio loop up on a audio track to test the inputs and outputs of your system

I should charge Tapatalk 2 pennies every time this message comes up !!!
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:40 AM

So are you recording the Triton's MIDI output or audio output? Just not clear on what you mean by "When PT9 is in record mode(midi track)". From how I interpret your post, it seems like you are only recording midi information. So if you do follow the post above mine, create an instrument track, slap an instrument plugin on there and change the midi tracks output to the plugin, you should be able to get audio coming out of your monitors.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:50 AM

First thing...

The niko is a computer with a interface built into the body of a keyboard but it is a separate device and must be selected like any other audio interface. If i remember correctly its a Presonouse firebox its located on the front left face. before you start messing with pro tools make sure the windows sounds are working with the firebox. If you still have no audio check drivers, patch cables, volume and mix knobs.

If all that is good and you are getting windows sounds. You should use the presonus asio drivers. They work pretty well asio4all is a great driver but if you don't tweak it correctly can present some problems.

Now you should be able to select the presonus device from your setup> hardware/playback engine window.

After all that you should be able to get things to play in pro tools. So its time to watch a quick video on MIDI routing in protools (search youtube). You need to set up the instrument routing (so protools knows what the keyboard is contolling) put an instroment on that track and rout its output to your main output 1&2.