Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Syncing PTools with external sequencer or a PC

What is the best way to sync PTools with external sequencer or a PC.I have a HD2Accel on Mac and i would like to use some PC softawe/Samplitude,Cubase .../ to slave to PTools and sync perfectly.
So far i have done it in some degree ,but after i hit space bar on my PT rig there is some delay before the Samplitude starts.I use it via MMC.The sound card on my PC is cheap Sound Blaster,but i just wanna now if it will work before i get something like RME.Is it possible to be a sound card issue???
Thanks!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Syncing PTools with external sequencer or a P

starting up another comp may need time to sync. delay compensation is going to need a bit of time. does it work with an empty bar in front of it?

Da-nick-str = Nick Dellos