Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2018, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Windows 10 background apps and programs

Hi Albee1952...er, I mean Dave. (Can I call you that?) Sorry, my attempt at humor. I promise I won't quit my day job. Anyway, I don't know the error code I get. I'm not at the studio now (nor all this week), but even if I were, I'm sure if I tried to make the dang window pop up, it wouldn't. That's always the way it goes. What I do remember is that it tells me I've run out of processing power and to try removing some plugins. Does that sound familiar? Fortunately, it doesn't freeze Pro Tools, it just stops it, so I don't lose any work. I don't have a wireless system in my studio computer. When I need wireless, I use a USB adapter, which works great. Normally (unless I forget), I just unplug the adapter when I'm using Pro Tools.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglunt2112 View Post
Hi Albee1952...er, I mean Dave. (Can I call you that?) Sorry, my attempt at humor. I promise I won't quit my day job. Anyway, I don't know the error code I get. I'm not at the studio now (nor all this week), but even if I were, I'm sure if I tried to make the dang window pop up, it wouldn't. That's always the way it goes. What I do remember is that it tells me I've run out of processing power and to try removing some plugins. Does that sound familiar? Fortunately, it doesn't freeze Pro Tools, it just stops it, so I don't lose any work. I don't have a wireless system in my studio computer. When I need wireless, I use a USB adapter, which works great. Normally (unless I forget), I just unplug the adapter when I'm using Pro Tools.
That error message can come with a few different numbers(so next time, write it down and/or save a screen capture). Also, take note of whether your internet adapter is connected when it happens. This is all part of troubleshooting(high attention to detail)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-07-2018, 06:30 AM

I didn't realize there were different error codes for this same message, so I'll keep an eye out. I do know it happens both with and without my internet adapter connected. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2018, 06:36 AM

You shouldn't have to physically remove the wireless network device when not using it. You can go into Device Manager and disable/enable it there. I put a shortcut to Device Manager on my desktop so I can do this easily.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
You shouldn't have to physically remove the wireless network device when not using it. You can go into Device Manager and disable/enable it there. I put a shortcut to Device Manager on my desktop so I can do this easily.
That's a good idea. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post

Yup, right click on the shortcut, click disable and reverse the process as needed.