Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 07:52 PM

Default missing plug-ins

I just recently installed pt6.9.2 onto a new Imac and when I tried finding my Maxim plug-in it was missing. I tried installing the CD again thinking mabey only parts of the program got installed, but the installer wont install anything. it tells me the program is already installed on the computer. I've looked in the plug-ins folder in the digidesign folder, but I can't find the Maxim program in their, and when I make a search with Maxim as the search word I can't find it either. How can I get this plug-in to work on my computer.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Default Re: missing plug-ins

You can download individual plug-ins for Pro Tools 6.9.x like Maxim from here:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/69/sw.cfm#2
Old 09-21-2005, 03:58 AM

thanks for replying. I have already paid for this plug-in. If I download a new plug-in will I have to pay again for it, and will it their be any problems with the program that should already be installed?
erik
Old 09-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Avid

No, you won't have to pay again. You're just downloading the installer for the plug-in and not re-purchasing it.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:48 PM

I've tried to download the program, but my password is not recognized. I only use one e-mail, so i don't know what the problem is. I tried having them send my password to my e-mail, but never received an e-mail. I need to get this project done by Thursday night, and I don't have time to mess around with this e-mail stuff. Is their a way i can just load the program in with the CD i have? or is their a faster way of resolving the problem?
Erik
Old 09-21-2005, 09:20 PM

ok, now I've downloaded the plugin, but the only thing that downloaded is interlok extensions, and Maxim19_13257.sit which will not open. I've already installed the interlok extensions installer, and that didn't fix anything. What do I need to do from here to get this to work?
Erik
Old 09-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Insert your Pro Tools LE 6.7 or 6.9 CD and look for Plug-In Installers. Open that, the Digidesign folder, then Install Maxim. The same version of Maxim will work with Pro Tools 6.7, 6.9, and 6.9.2.

I thought maybe you didn't have your original CD, which is why I suggested the download installer. I see now from your original post that you do have your CD.

For problems opening downloaded .sit files, see the top of the Downloads section of the website:
Quote:
Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger) does not included Stuffit Expander. Mac downloads (.bin .hqx .sea .sit .sitx) may require Stuffit Expander or other decoding utility. Newer Mac downloads require Stuffit Expander version 5.1.2 or higher. Download the free Aladdin Stuffit Expander for Mac (included with Mac OS X 10.0-10.3, but not with 10.4).
To download plug-ins from the website, see the information at the top of the link I gave you originally:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/69/sw.cfm#2
Quote:
Plug-In Downloads - Individual Plug-In Installers

Individual product information and full/demo plug-in downloads are available in the Developers/Plug-In Info section of the website. For help with downloading, see the Download & Website Help page, particularly FAQ #1.