Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Expansion for C8 >Digi>?

Question for the Digi guys, though I'd love to hear people's opinions on this.

As a very happy C8 user, I have been wondering for sometime if in the (near?) future, there are any plans of making some kind of expansion modules for the C8. Smaller 8 fader units maybe, which could be connected directly to the C8 to control more than the currently availabe 8 faders. Something very simple, with faders and screens, and non of the buttons, since it would be controlled by the main function keys on the C8.

Since the C8 is not designed to work with any other controller, a digi piece would be the only choice and could make good sense financially for digi and creatively for us. Does anybody see this happening in the future? Is this just wishful thinking on my part?

Anyway the C8 is and works great (as you can see by the almost dead forum) and this is not a complaint, but an idea... What do you think?

dio
Old 09-21-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Expansion for C8 >Digi>?

Actually, the Command 8 IS the expansion for Control 24 and ProControl... did you know that? If you add a Command 8 to a Control 24, you effectively get 32 faders! The same for a ProControl rig... so the expansion will most likely not see further expansion...

This is merely what I think...

Example of the use of C|8 with C|24 :

Control room with C|24, and the vocal booth has a C|8 in there to provide alternative control of ProTools for folley artistes or those "one man army" composer-singer-artiste-mixer types. So the C|8 is really the expansion for the C|24 and P|C.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Expansion for C8 >Digi>?

Actually I think it just mirrors the first 8 faders on a Control 24 or Pro Control - so it's not an expansion in that sense. More for splitting off into an iso-booth to control from there. I have only read this in the manual - I haven't trialled it. But I believe the manual! P.S. Another happy user here - great little unit!