Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 03:34 AM

Default DIGI001-MIDI-NATIVE ISTRUMENTS

I have Big problem to use midi with standalone Kontakt,Absynth ... everything from Native Instruments,
In Kontakt setup-audio and midi settings- I have checked In\Out Digi001 but no signal.
In other programs like Ableton,Acid... is everything fine.

Any Ideas?

Thanx.

Digi001,6.4cs9,
winxp pro sp2,
P4 2.8,
ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE
1GB RAM
Old 07-01-2005, 08:47 AM

Default Re: DIGI001-MIDI-NATIVE ISTRUMENTS

DIGIDESIGN HELP,PLEASE !!!

I NEED TO WORK WITH MIDI!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 04:20 PM

i am having the same issue with the reaktor demo
can't get it to see the 001's midi ports either as standalone or rtas
same deal as with shame69, digi midi works with other programs stand alone and with other virtual instruments within pro tools

a little help please ... i've only got 30 days to try this out within pro tools!

stew
Old 07-04-2005, 01:20 AM

BUMP
Old 07-04-2005, 03:55 AM

I have the same problem and have the issue up on NI's Absynth forum. Kontakt doesn't work either in stand alone mode. [This is on a Mac] It could be the IAC driver? but I am not sure what this does as I have never used it before on 0SX.

The core audio drivers seem to work in allowing me to connect Quicktime to the 001...
Old 07-04-2005, 05:50 PM

pc here

digi, your thoughts/comments would be appreciated?

stew
Old 07-05-2005, 10:39 AM

...I just love Digi&Design...

Download free SAVIhost http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm
for instance the smaller version without keyboard.
Put the downloaded 'savihost.exe' in KONTAKT 2 VSTplugins folder and rename savihost.exe to 'KONTAKT2'.

and Voila,

U can use any *dll VST Instruments in standalone with this free program.

..and thanks to digisupport for replay on this problem...
Old 07-05-2005, 05:11 PM

Shame69,

that's cool that SAVIhost will get around the stand alone problem ... but i want to use reaktor in pro tools as a plugin instrument and can't get any midi input

could someone from digidesign PLEASE comment on this??

stew
Old 07-06-2005, 05:08 AM

I have after some persistance found the solution for the Mac and there may be a corresponding app on the PC.

This is what NI stated in reference to the issue:

"your Digidesign CoreAudio installation comes with an application called Coreaudio Setup. Start this application. There you see a button saying \"supported applications\". Press this to add applications to the list of supported applications. If a program (like Absynth) is not added to this list, the program will not be allowed to \"see\" the Digidesign CoreAudio driver."

Now the first time I tried this the Core Audio setup app wouldn't work properly yet somehow after I received the email I tried it again and was able to nominate Absynth and Kontakt onto my list and lo and behold it works.
Now the PC side of things may have this app somewhere, if not I would think that Digidesign would come to the party here and point out where one might find this app; and at the very least you know what you are looking for.
Good luck.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:16 PM

no joy unfortunately media673
on the pc reaktor either wants to see an asio audio driver or an mme audio driver.
i have tried both, using digidesigns supplied asio driver and by using rail's mme helper to make the digi wave driver available to reaktor ... still no joy
audio works fine ... but there is no midi!

i have selected the digi 001 as my midi input and still cannot get any midi input ... reaktor is set to receive omni and i have tried different send channels from my synth.

when i try to use reaktor as a plugin in pro tools i don't even see any input metering for my midi signal once reaktor has been activated ... create a new midi track and rec. enable ... play my keyboard and see midi getting in ... open reaktor as an instrument, the midi connections become available on the midi track but no midi is received by the plugin ... but now no midi input is metered! even if i get rid of the plugin i have to restart pro tools to get my midi input happening again!

this is very frustrating ... would someone from digidesign care to respond ... please!

stew