How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2016, 09:43 AM

Default Creative Collection won't install with PT8 LE

I had to re-install PT8 LE due to a replaced hard drive, and with many roadblocks ad workarounds have finally got it to re-install. During the installation, it asks you to select (or de-select) whichever items you want to be installed with PT - including Creative Collection, the plugin set which includes Xpand2, MiniGrand, etc.
I've installed it 3 times now, each time asking it to install those plugins, and it will not. Why not?
Now PT opens "okayyyy...." but plugins are not accessible; in fact if i do an in-computer search (Windows7) the only Xpand files available are in the installation folder which I downloaded from Avid (I have a purchased CD but it's not loading; apparently using it twice was too much for it). They're sizable files, (file type ".big"); for expand about 1.46G. So that must be the file that needs to be installed. But how???
Any help would be appreciated; I've wasted days with this re-install.