Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2011, 11:04 AM

Default TC Studio Konnekt 48 question

So I am looking to upgrade my home setup from a 003R, and saw the TC Electronic Studio Konnect 48 has integrated bass management and is possible to control my 5.1 setup with the volume knob on the remote, integrated talkback, etc.

Running a Mac Pro 8 Core OS X 10.6.7 PT 9 HD 9.0.3

I looked into the AirUsersBlog list of tested interfaces and it is listed as compatible as long as the TC Control panel is not running. On the TC site, it says 3 user presets can be stored in DSP for standalone mode.

Any Studio Konnekt 48 users, can you tell me if these features are stored in the user presets, so I can create my setup once (speaker trims, bass management, etc), and store it as a preset without needing the control panel open?

Seems like a great "all in one" solution for integrated bass management as well as a volume knob/talk back.

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:27 PM

Default Re: TC Studio Konnekt 48 question

Hi,

I confirm that you'll not have to open the panel to change presets (if you have the remote and it seems to be the case).

You can even make a backup file of your presets :)

PT Ultimate 2022.10 on macOS 12.6.1
Old 10-19-2011, 02:10 PM

Thats great news!!

Thanks.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:28 AM

What's the problem with the control panel? I've had mine open at the same time as PT, though I haven't thoroughly tested it I haven't noticed anything.

There is one bug I can confirm with using an SK48 with PT. If you want to use the built in DSP fabrik plugins, you'll need to add them to your tracks, then save your session, quit and re-open for PT to see the plugins(otherwise it just says "konnekt not found"). It's not clear if this is an issue with TC or the FXpansion wrapper, but just a fair warning.

There was also a manufacturing defect on some these where the mic pres had bad pots, TC will warranty it for free, and I'm guessing this problem is gone in any new units at this point(I bought my SK48 a few years ago, I think the same year it was introduced if I remember right).

I haven't had time to research it, but for some reason every time I reboot my computer the SK48's clock source changes to TOS 3-4. This started happening about a month ago, I'm thinking there might be a battery for memory inside the unit that needs to be replaced.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?