Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 PM

Default problems with waves mercury bundle

Just installed the Waves Mercury bundle. At first I ran into a problem with the vocal bundle not loading up but was able to get that working by moving some .dpm files in the Plug Ins folder.
I started working on a session and used a couple of compressors, reverb and some auto tune. Closed the session out and decided to try to open it back up to make sure all my plug ins came back. Well, now when I try to open that session I get a "Pro Tools has stopped working" message. The normal load up screen comes up, plug ins load, etc, but when it gets to the last step and just as the edit and mix windows come up I get this message and the program closes.
Pretty sure it has something to do with the waves stuff because other sessions I havent used those plug ins on yet load up fine.
Has anyone had this issue? I know its probably a simple fix.

I'm running Windows 7 with Pro Tools 8.0.3cs1. I've done all the recommended optimizations, and uninstalled ie8.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 PM

Default Re: problems with waves mercury bundle

What ver Waves are you using? You definitely need to make sure you have all of the latest upgrades on all of your plug-ins. This is probably one way manufactures make sure you have legitimate versions.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:04 PM

only waves 7r4 or higher should/will work with your setup.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:40 PM

I just had a similar prob, W7 PT's 8.0.4b,,,,,,,, with one file (Waves Platinum 6.07,works great!) Thought at 1st it was a conflict w/ Ivory and VSL?? It ended up just being a need to trash preferences and databases, which in all the years I've used PT's, this was the 1st time I had even tried it, or needed to! Now I know that no 2 probs are the same,,, but just a reminder to try it 1st,,, might save you some headaches? Hope you find it!!!!! Mike
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz | Asus Z97-Pro LGA 1150 Intel 6Gb | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2400 | Asus GT640 Silent 2 GB GDDR3 | Samsung 850 Pro SSD's, WD Caviar Black HDD's | PSU Corsair 750W ATX12V | Windows 10 | Presonus Studio One | 003R PT's 12.8 | Waves Platinum | Ivory/Piano | Berlin Woodwinds, Nocturne Solo Violin | SPITFIRE Solo Strings | EastWest Hollywood Strings, Brass, Pro Drummer, and Stormdrum 2 | VSL | Vienna Ensemble Pro | M-Audio Code 61, FaderPort 8 |
Old 04-28-2010, 01:18 AM

Again, have you downloaded the latest version from the Waves website? With V7r7 and 7r8 all is well in PT8.0.3/4b with W7/64. Anything earlier gave grief.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-28-2010, 04:06 AM

Well, other than what was mentioned, I can tell you how to get back into your session.

1. Close Pro Tools.
2. Navigate to c: Program Files, common files, digi design, dae, plugins.
3. Find all Waves plugins toward the bottom as well as the vocal bundle plugins and select all of them.
4. Right-click, cut.
5. Go back 1 folder to c: Program Files, common files, digi design, dae and paste the plugins in there.
6. Load Pro Tools and load your session giving you the problems.
7. Find the Waves plugins and remove them. Save the session.
8. Close Pro Tools and put the plugin files back into the plugins folder.
9. Reload Pro Tools and your session. Don't use those plugins again in that session.

They may work in other sessions, but they may cause you trouble if you try to use them in this session again for some Reason. If you want to see exactly which plugin is causing your problems, don't remove the plugins at step 7. Just load the session, and you'll notice all the Waves plugins are inactive. Just leave them. Close Pro Tools and put the plugin files back in the folder and reopen the session. Then make one Waves plugin active and reload the session (don't reload Pro Tools, just the session). If it loads, that wasn't your problem. Just keep doing this one plugin at a time until Pro Tools crashes. Obviously, the last one you made active is the issue!

UAD 2 Apollo Quad w/Thunderbolt 3, UAD 2 Satellite Octo TB3, UAD 2 Octo PCIe, Avid S1, Neve R6 500 Chasis, Neve Portico 511, Neve Portico 551, Dangerous DBox+, Focal Trio6 Be, Neumann TLM49, Akai MPC 2000XL, Akai MPC X, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Akai Advance 61

Pro Tools 2021.12

Mac Pro 7,1 2019, 8 Core, 48GB RAM - MacOS 11.6.2

16" MacBook Pro 2021, M1 Pro, 16GB RAM - MacOS 12.1

27" iMac, Late-2012, 3.4GHz i7, 24GB RAM - MacOS 10.15
Old 04-28-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire View Post
Well, other than what was mentioned, I can tell you how to get back into your session.

1. Close Pro Tools.
2. Navigate to c: Program Files, common files, digi design, dae, plugins.
3. Find all Waves plugins toward the bottom as well as the vocal bundle plugins and select all of them.
4. Right-click, cut.
5. Go back 1 folder to c: Program Files, common files, digi design, dae and paste the plugins in there.
6. Load Pro Tools and load your session giving you the problems.
7. Find the Waves plugins and remove them. Save the session.
8. Close Pro Tools and put the plugin files back into the plugins folder.
9. Reload Pro Tools and your session. Don't use those plugins again in that session.

They may work in other sessions, but they may cause you trouble if you try to use them in this session again for some Reason. If you want to see exactly which plugin is causing your problems, don't remove the plugins at step 7. Just load the session, and you'll notice all the Waves plugins are inactive. Just leave them. Close Pro Tools and put the plugin files back in the folder and reopen the session. Then make one Waves plugin active and reload the session (don't reload Pro Tools, just the session). If it loads, that wasn't your problem. Just keep doing this one plugin at a time until Pro Tools crashes. Obviously, the last one you made active is the issue!
Conversly, hold shift down whilst opening the project. All plugs will be inactive and the project should open just fine.... without plugs of course.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Conversly, hold shift down whilst opening the project. All plugs will be inactive and the project should open just fine.... without plugs of course.
Sweet! Never knew that trick!

UAD 2 Apollo Quad w/Thunderbolt 3, UAD 2 Satellite Octo TB3, UAD 2 Octo PCIe, Avid S1, Neve R6 500 Chasis, Neve Portico 511, Neve Portico 551, Dangerous DBox+, Focal Trio6 Be, Neumann TLM49, Akai MPC 2000XL, Akai MPC X, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Akai Advance 61

Pro Tools 2021.12

Mac Pro 7,1 2019, 8 Core, 48GB RAM - MacOS 11.6.2

16" MacBook Pro 2021, M1 Pro, 16GB RAM - MacOS 12.1

27" iMac, Late-2012, 3.4GHz i7, 24GB RAM - MacOS 10.15
Old 04-29-2010, 07:28 AM

Thanks for all the help everyone. I appreciate it. I did end up getting it to work, although I am down a few plug ins. No big deal though. I still have plenty to keep me busy. And by the way I have Mercury v5.
What I did was take all the WavesShell files out of my DAE folder. This allowed me to open the session again. I then started adding WavesShells back in, and reopening the session until I found the files that were causing Pro Tools to crash. Once I knew which ones I just kept them out of the DAE folder. It ended up being WavesShell 5.2. Taking it out didn't cause me to lose any of the plug ins I was using on this particular session so for now all is right with the world.

Thanks again!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 AM

Wink Re: problems with waves mercury bundle

all is right with the world.....

....just gotta make sure the feds don't catch up with you now