Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2018, 09:33 AM

Default Battery 4 Multiple Outs, is it possible?

Is it possible to send the same cell in Battery 4 out multiple paths. Example:

Cell 1 - Kick
Cell 2 - Snare
Cell 3 - Hi Hat

I want all three to be going out 1 and 2 so I can hear them coming out of Battery, but I also want sends for each cell running to separate stereo audio tracks SIMULTANEOUSLY. This way I can print out individual audio stems quickly with it already set up in my template, rather than having to route it individually each time.

Seems like a massive oversight to only have one output and not be able to bus...

I'm in PT10 and PT11 btw.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Battery 4 Multiple Outs, is it possible?

Not that I'm aware of. Maybe someone over on the Battery subforum over at the NI forums has an answer.

QAPLA!
Old 08-12-2018, 08:47 AM

Hi yes it can be done . I did it a few times last month for mixing . Don't have it in front of me and i can't remember exactly the steps . Of course you have to assign the outputs internally . In my case i just route them their own aux channel in PT no printing but i think is the same process .
Old 08-12-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
Hi yes it can be done . I did it a few times last month for mixing . Don't have it in front of me and i can't remember exactly the steps . Of course you have to assign the outputs internally . In my case i just route them their own aux channel in PT no printing but i think is the same process .
You can have a cell output to two outputs but only to the master and one of the busses. Also can't route to a direct out and any other output at the same time.

QAPLA!
Old 08-12-2018, 11:32 AM

Let me get to the studio . From there i can open the session and explain whatever ive made . If my memory wont fail wich it can ' i remember to get all my kit parts ( cell ) individually on aux track . I will follow up .
Old 08-12-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
Let me get to the studio . From there i can open the session and explain whatever ive made . If my memory wont fail wich it can ' i remember to get all my kit parts ( cell ) individually on aux track . I will follow up .
Make sure you read carefully what I wrote. You can't route the same cell to both a direct output AND either the master out or an aux channel in Battery 4. That's what the op wants to do - route the same cell to both a direct out and the master at the same time.

edit for additional:
Check out this thread https://www.native-instruments.com/f...-route.333801/
by the op over on the NI Battery forum. Basically it can't be done with a single cell; you'd have to duplicate the cell.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 08-12-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: referenced NI Battery forum thread
Old 08-12-2018, 11:45 AM

Ok sorry im on the road , your right musicman691 . That can't be done that way .

To the OP you can have them output individually to aux tracks from the start and when you are ready just replace the aux for audio tracks and your done . Or duplicate the cell as musicman told you . Then you can assign them to whatever you want .