Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2002, 01:03 PM

Default Crashing when auditioning.....

Ok, here's the situation. I use PT for Post mainlly (sound design). I edit, mix, lot's of importing, morphing, you know. Here's what i have:

Mac 9600-300mb ram
3 ext. drives for libraries
OS 9.1
PT 5.01 w/disk I/O card and farm
plus lots of other crap i use.

Problem. I know that OS 9.1 isn't certified by Digi, however it's hit and miss. 90% of the time it works, 10% it crashes. I can deal with it. I start crashing however when when i audition from region list, sometimes when i use AS plugs, AND, when i quit PT, it crashes with "type 1" error. What is the proper alloted memory for DAE and for PT. I have the DAE at 43000K and PT at 45000K. Also when i crash, my system always leaves the DAE running. I have the min. ext. set on disk cache at 512K, the buffer in DAE is set to 1. Is there anything that i have over looked or ANYTHING!?!? Help please....thanks

Rusty [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2002, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Crashing when auditioning.....

Make sure that when you changed the memory of PT and DAE that you left the minimum size alone. If in doubt put in 0 and hit enter. You should only change the preffered size. This could cause those crashes. Good luck!
Old 04-18-2002, 06:05 PM

I've tried that, however the min. wasn't changed. Is there a problem anyone knows of with PT and OS 9.1? I've heard that this may cause problems....not too sure.
Old 04-18-2002, 07:27 PM

sounds like corruption...replace your dae app (in the sys folder), all digi extensions, trash protools prefs and digisetup. in rare cases i've had the protools app itself become corrupted and need replacing, although thankfully the latest version 5.1.3 seems a lot more stable in that regard.