Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2009, 01:09 AM

Default Timeline insertion follow playback bug?

Is there a keyboard shortcut for this I don't know about? For years this has mysteriously turned itself on when I didn't want it. Anyone else get this? It's been on multiple systems so that's got me to thinking it might be a shortcut I don't know.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Timeline insertion follow playback bug?

From the reference manual:

Press Start+N (Windows) or Control+N
(Mac) to toggle the Timeline Insertion/Play
Start Marker Follows Playback preference
on and off.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:30 AM

That's funny - I find the exact same thing which has made me think there was a bug as well.

However, I think that when command focus mode is on, the shortcut for it is just "n". So I find myself accidently hitting the "n" as a side product of hitting the space bar 100's of times per session. (It's right next to the space bar).

Probably because most musicians record and play an instrument at the same time and tend to slam that space bar down with a "paw" as you are holding a pick or reaching beside you at the piano.

Soon as I notice it is activated, I hit "n" quick and move on with the day.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:37 PM

Thanks fellas. This ole dog is still learning new tricks.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:19 AM

Glad to find this post. This was driving me crazy. Agree with the poster above about the difficulties of playing and recording. that 'N' is just in the perfect place to get hit by accident.

Because my set-up uses just the 'n' with no modifier i could never figure out what the hell I was doing to activate insertion follows playback. Tried the manual, but didn't know what the option was called. anyway, mystery solved. Thanks to those on DUC.