Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2009, 01:16 PM

Default BUG: QT playback stops after Audio import in LE

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to fix this without having to quit PT+reopen ?

Mac, 8core, 6gB RAM, PTLE 8.0.3pr (would also do it in 8.0.1), 29.97DF DV stream that I'm watching on the DESKTOP, not externally via Canopus.

I'm happily mixing away and sometimes need to import SFX from another drive: If I can, I'll drop them into the PT icon on the dock, I get a progress bar and they show up in the audio files window.

Sometimes, however, I'll get an assertion error and the only way to bring them in is via the AUDIO IMPORT window. Problem is, when I have to do it this way (the file is imported fine), the QT almost always stops working.
It'll locate along with PT, but will not playback anymore.

In HD, I would toggle the VIDEO OUT FIREWIRE menu and things would be fine, but at home I'm just watching the video on the desktop and I don't have such option, so I can only quit+reboot.

Any ideas ??

Thanks,
Benny.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:59 PM

Default Re: BUG: QT playback stops after Audio import in LE

from the sound of the post, you are probably using Snow Leopard... I think that the dock assignment of files is still buggy, many people reporting issues. I'd just stick to the standard Audio Import option.

Also, you might want to check out Soundminer too. Great program for spotting effects from other media.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:06 PM

Default Re: BUG: QT playback stops after Audio import in LE

My problem unfortunately happens when I use the standard import option, dropping onto the app on the dock is just a faster way of working.

I use Soundminer at work and it's great, but I don't need it for home.

This is, btw, a bug that is present in both LE+HD.